Show us your Sol

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8684
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by mhood » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 am

soulfisher wrote:
toddmc wrote: That's a fitting reel for the sunshine state. It looks like a solar flare! :D
spencerinstl wrote:That is a lot of Orange on that reel. Very nice.
Thank you. One of my Sons is a nut about Orange so this was perfect for him. I ended up liking it so much that I am building another for me and my other righty Son to share.
I am strangely attracted to this particular Sol. :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

User avatar
Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:19 am
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Contact:

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by Redlinerobert » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Somewhere I have a photo of a Sol I took on of my Brazil fishing trips with an equally orange butterfly that landed on the reel. I'm pretty certain I posted here many years ago.
2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 am

After looking through this thread I decided I needed to find one for myself. Hopefully it will look like some of your modified ones soon. Really like the purple spools and cork knobs (maybe carbon fiber handle who knows).

Anyway here it is.
Image
Image
Image

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by spencerinstl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 am

Very nice sol.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Polkfish1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 am
After looking through this thread I decided I needed to find one for myself. Hopefully it will look like some of your modified ones soon. Really like the purple spools and cork knobs (maybe carbon fiber handle who knows).

Anyway here it is.
Image
Image
Image
Nice find brand spanking new. While all the sols on this thread are super sexy in their unique ways, I’m digging the bone stock look caping it off so far. That simple straight handle in gun metalish color has a bold look to it that’s hard to beat for my taste buds.

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Need some help deciding. Straight or swept carbon handle.

Image

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 am
After looking through this thread I decided I needed to find one for myself. Hopefully it will look like some of your modified ones soon. Really like the purple spools and cork knobs (maybe carbon fiber handle who knows).

Anyway here it is.
Image
Image
Image
Nice find brand spanking new. While all the sols on this thread are super sexy in their unique ways, I’m digging the bone stock look caping it off so far. That simple straight handle in gun metalish color has a bold look to it that’s hard to beat for my taste buds.


I like the simple look too. I just have to mess with things

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4680
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm
Need some help deciding. Straight or swept carbon handle.

Image
If you go swept, you will need to find a swept star, also, unless you manually bend the tines of the stock star.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:40 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm
Need some help deciding. Straight or swept carbon handle.

Image
If you go swept, you will need to find a swept star, also, unless you manually bend the tines of the stock star.
Thanks for the tip. I've decided to go swept so I'll watch for a handle to show up for sale.

MountainMan 83
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by MountainMan 83 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:38 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 am
After looking through this thread I decided I needed to find one for myself. Hopefully it will look like some of your modified ones soon. Really like the purple spools and cork knobs (maybe carbon fiber handle who knows).

Anyway here it is.
Image
Image
Image
Looks like a perfect fit on that rod. Tatula Elite?

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 am

Yes it's currently on a tatula elite.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by poisonokie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 am
Yes it's currently on a tatula elite.
Yeah, that's one hell of a complementary duo.
Still waters run deep.

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am

poisonokie wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 am
Yes it's currently on a tatula elite.
Yeah, that's one hell of a complementary duo.
Thanks. It's the 6'9" (ML Regular) Seth feider jerkbait rod. It was a little too slow for what I wanted so I went with the megabass levante jerkbait special (alphas sv105 on it). Anyway I was thinking the elite would be good for lighter cranks or treble hook lures and the Sol gear ratio also would be good for that so I'm hoping it works out.

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by spencerinstl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:02 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:40 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm
Need some help deciding. Straight or swept carbon handle.

Image
If you go swept, you will need to find a swept star, also, unless you manually bend the tines of the stock star.
Thanks for the tip. I've decided to go swept so I'll watch for a handle to show up for sale.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82045
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

chrisg_sdcf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Re: Show us your Sol

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:05 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:02 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:40 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:02 pm
Need some help deciding. Straight or swept carbon handle.

Image
If you go swept, you will need to find a swept star, also, unless you manually bend the tines of the stock star.
Thanks for the tip. I've decided to go swept so I'll watch for a handle to show up for sale.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82045
I saw that. Thanks for telling me. I recently bought a spool from him, he's a good seller. I'd want different knobs though

Post Reply