My Salmon Outing

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

My Salmon Outing

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:04 am

This was back in October. I think we came a little late this year and missed the big run as we saw quite a few dead Salmon on shore. Anyway I caught two decent size ones both have already been ate, last year had 16. We were out all night long in waders. This is the following morning when we decided to call it a trip. Some people keep the eggs out of the females to cure them over the year so they can use them the following year but we just said to hell with it and had em gutted so we could go home and eat. I caught these on a Rapala Countdown in Rainbow Trout. Most use eggs and sacks but Salmon will attack Trout in fear of their eggs being eatin by them.

Salmon can sure put up one hell of a fight. Wish we had caught more this time around. We went out to Port Huron and fished all night long in waders. We used a tiny glowstick to dip in front of us to make sure it was safe to take steps out. If any of you have ever been here and done this you know how dangerous it can be with 30+ ft dropoffs right around the corner add the night sky and you better be alert. I fish strictly for Bass but Salmon is a once a year thing we do. If you live in Michigan its hard to pass up some of the other great species here.