9lb 9oz Bellezza Pike

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

9lb 9oz Bellezza Pike

Post by skinhead » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:04 pm

Just got back from a session on me favourite stream. Fished with my Bellezza GLABS 602SXUL / Twinpower 100Mg loaded with 4lb braid.

I started in a weir pool and took a small perch on the first cast, a nice start to the day. The fourth cast resulted in a hard hit and a 4lb 4oz pike on the bank.

A few minutes later I put a cast to the far side of the pool some 25 yards away, covering a shallow area. The spinner had covered about 15 feet when a fish bow waved across the shallows and hit the lure. I struck into the fish, well as much as I could with such a light rod, and all hell broke loose. I could see that it was a good fish from my position, this just made things harder as I didn't want to loose it. After a few minutes it was within netting distance having not taken sanctuary in the weed beds. When it saw the net It decided to head straight back across the pool, stripping the 20+ yards of line that I had just recovered. I managed to bring it back across the pool to within 8yds, then the weed beds came into the equation. The fish just ploughed through without a pause. I was convinced that the 4lb braid would give up the ghost. Suddenly everything locked up solid, but this was now only about 10' away. I gave slack line in the hope that the fish would break cover, it didn't, so I went the other way and applied as much pressure as the rod would allow. Very slowly the weed bed came towards me and I saw that my prize was still attached to the spinner. This time the fish didn't get the chance to make another run, it was in the net before it realised that the weed bed had moved. On the tape it went 31", on the scale 9lb 9oz.

To say that I was relieved would be an understatement.

Throughout the fight the rod and reel performed absolutely perfectly. This was the first real test that the combo has endured.

Over the whole session I banked 15 perch 4oz - 1.25lb, 5 brown trout 12oz - 1.25lb, the 2 pike and 1 chub at 1lb.

Here are the pic's of the 2 pike.

4.25lb pike

9lb9oz pike

9lb9oz again

da house of hardy #1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 9lb 9oz Bellezza Pike

Post by da house of hardy #1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:17 pm

You must be a very skilled angler to reel such fish in 8-) Very cool :!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zvejyslt

progressive816
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by progressive816 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:44 pm

From your past posts, I can tell you enjoy chasing big fish on UL tackle. It's fun I know. Congratulations on the big pike. ;)
Pb-LMB 6lb7oz

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Gorgeous fish and terrific catching young man!!!

Dan

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:08 am

That's what I call UL fishing! =D>
Awesome fish for such a light combo!
---- Catch & Release -----

padavid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by padavid » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:06 am

Great report and even great fishing!

Good job

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:32 pm

Man!! That must've been a kick in the trousers!! Kinda like tryin' to take down a Grizzly with a .22 calibre...well almost ;)

Great job anyway!

Shortlite
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Shortlite » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Good job there Skinhead. That sounds like an absolutely cracking session.

Just short of a double too, on a REALLY light rod. Gotta love the UL!! Redline!!!