Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by JDLaman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:Back around June, I found a flat that was producing some really big trout. Made the call to go fish it the other evening and got my friend Josh to join me. We were throwing topwater and within the first few casts had a 24" trout landed. As I am trying to unhook and take some pics, his Spook gets slammed in the same spot as the first fish. Instantly he knew it was a big one, and fought her very well considering all the structure on this flat. I finally get the Boga on her and I'm pretty sure he was in shock. Biggest trout of his life, and it's gonna be tough to beat that one! She went 29" and 7 1/2lbs. What a monster! Released to catch again soon! Caught on NRX 842C, Aldebaran 51 with a Spook Jr.

Very nice Trout Jeff! Glad to see you and Josh had a great trip!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:48 am

Pikes voted for jointed lures :D

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:08 am

zodiak311 wrote:
On that combo that fish is an absolute blast! The 852 must've gotten bent big time, and that clicking drag on the 51 was ripping away! =D>
Light tackle makes wading the flats a lot of fun! These big trout only make a few hard runs, but the show they put on in between is amazing. Big head shakes on the surface, rolling and wallowing around on the surface with a few strong/fast runs mixed in get your heart pumping for sure. That combo has been perfect for inshore fishing and is super light but plenty strong. Was definitely fun to watch!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

JDLaman wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:Back around June, I found a flat that was producing some really big trout. Made the call to go fish it the other evening and got my friend Josh to join me. We were throwing topwater and within the first few casts had a 24" trout landed. As I am trying to unhook and take some pics, his Spook gets slammed in the same spot as the first fish. Instantly he knew it was a big one, and fought her very well considering all the structure on this flat. I finally get the Boga on her and I'm pretty sure he was in shock. Biggest trout of his life, and it's gonna be tough to beat that one! She went 29" and 7 1/2lbs. What a monster! Released to catch again soon! Caught on NRX 842C, Aldebaran 51 with a Spook Jr.

Thanks JD! I'm always glad to see friends catch a fish to remember, and I doubt he will forget this one any time soon. Always great to spend some time in or on the water. Hope you've been able to make it out there, and all is going well with you!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:17 am

Twins :D

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:31 am

NRX 893, IS73 (Thanks Max) 15 lb Suffix 12 lb fluoro leader, White Tube jig on #4 Gamma. Fishing for bass, lots of bite offs by hammer handles, pissed I was loosing tungsten sinkers, next one I slammed the hook, and oh my... She was a little over 35" but didn't have a scale to weigh it. Fought for about 5 minutes, she came out of the water once. Happy Labor Day.
John Northern.jpg
NRX 893, IS73 (Thanks Max)
John Northern.jpg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 7269 times

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Nice Pike! My brother caught one about that size on an ultralight spinning outfit with 4lb test and a minijig. It was about 13lbs. Those fish are so much fun to catch.

DaveJ

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 am

This thing ate a Flappin Hog on shakey head as it made its way back to the boat.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 am

LowRange wrote:This thing ate a Flappin Hog on shakey head as it made its way back to the boat.

Love the bars on that particular ski! I had one take a 7 inch power worm a few years back that went about 38 inches. Did you get a length orweight measurement?

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:11 am

Took a little while but I finally got a Tiger thats picture worthy on my trip last week. Had a few other follows and caught a much smaller one, but this guy made the trip

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 am

Nice fish Teal! :D

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:33 am

Teal101 wrote:Took a little while but I finally got a Tiger thats picture worthy on my trip last week. Had a few other follows and caught a much smaller one, but this guy made the trip
Beauty for sure. 40"?

DaveJ

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks guys! I figured I might as well add my Esox to the great ones posted above.

I didn't tape it, but I would say 40" or so. I have a spot marked on the boat floor to measure out at some point. Just tried to get it back in the water as quick as possible and i didnt know where my tape was at the time.

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:18 am

Fish of 10,000 casts! Well played sir..well played!!

NormanD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NormanD » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 am

JDLaman wrote:

Very nice catch. Hard to beat catching that fish on topwater. Way to go. I hope your friend at least bought you a beer for putting on that beauty.