Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:29 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:23 pm
Just under 7lbs on a Lucky Craft Bevy shad 2.3 gram crankbait. SS Air on a custom ulm Immortal, spiral-wrapped right with 8# Sufix Nanobraid. The Cabontex did its job. She wore herself out in about 2 minutes. Took a couple pics and back she went. It was a lot of fun!

Sounds like a blast. Nice fish!

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
This is the best fish I've caught this year. I usually get one close to or at double-digits each year, but I have no complaints! I lost one on a jig last week around the same size, and was thinking I might bot even get over the 5# hump this year. She was just under 7lbs on a Lucky Craft Bevy shad 2.3 gram crankbait. SS Air on a custom ulm Immortal, spiral-wrapped right with 8# Sufix Nanobraid. The Cabontex did its job. She wore herself out in about 2 minutes. Took a couple pics and back she went. It was a lot of fun!

Now that there is a fine specimen...

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:35 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
This is the best fish I've caught this year. I usually get one close to or at double-digits each year, but I have no complaints!
Nicely done! =D>
This is the way.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:53 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
This is the best fish I've caught this year. I usually get one close to or at double-digits each year, but I have no complaints! I lost one on a jig last week around the same size, and was thinking I might bot even get over the 5# hump this year. She was just under 7lbs on a Lucky Craft Bevy shad 2.3 gram crankbait. SS Air on a custom ulm Immortal, spiral-wrapped right with 8# Sufix Nanobraid. The Cabontex did its job. She wore herself out in about 2 minutes. Took a couple pics and back she went. It was a lot of fun!

Good fish!

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 am

Last warm days of November... Season end soon :( .
But 4 Lb piky does not let you get bored \:D/ .

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Made it to Lake Bacarrac with four friends Robert Perez, Noah Arroyo & Justin Bell as part of Wayne Campbell's Swimbait Universe group. 21 guys in the group so we had a full house at the lodge for 5 days of fishing & fun. The trip offered an incentive to the guy who caught the biggest bass with a free trip next year with Wayne's group. Just a little icing on the cake for this group of dedicated fisherman. As the fishing reports came in at lunch time & dinner time a common theme surfaced. It was either feast or famine for almost all boats. Tough fishing by Lake Bacarrac standards. Big fish for the first day was in the 9's. By the 2nd day there were double digits on the board. Daily fish numbers for the boats went form less than 10 up to 40-50 count. New PB's were rolling in for some but it remained tough for others. I got a new topwater PB on day two with a 9lber on a small popper. That morning we had a fantastic topwater bite that lasted for 2.5 hours because of overcast conditions. Noah had a new PB of 8-12 the third day & boy was he excited. On day four the big fish bar was raised by a 11-5 in the morning. That same morning I had a big fish on that had me perplexed by its weight & strength as it pulled drag during an extended fight. This fish really kicked my a--. When it finally got netted it was a 3-4 pounder. Everyone was perplexed until we noticed two bent out hook points on the front treble. The small fish was hooked on the rear treble. We surmised that the big fish got off right at the boat before the small fish hit the net. I was emotionally devastated. What a letdown. On the plus side that morning my SK lipless crankbait was on fire. I had a unique bait by sound & color that was a one of a kind bait. I was getting three fish to my boatmates one all morning long. We had 30+ bass between 4-7lbs that morning with as many as 5 straight in 5 casts. The bass were hitting shad trapped at the surface over 40-60 fow. It was a slugfest. After lunch on the fourth day I continued to fish that lipless crankbait for the rest of the day. It was working but not as successfully as the morning. I casted parallel to an island in 20 fow when my bait just stopped. It first felt like a snag but the head shakes gave it away. She jumped completely out of the water & Robert yelled at me PB. I was so busy trying to keep the rod tip down so she couldn't jump I never saw her. She finally came boatside them dived under the boat towards the opposite side. I worked her back & Hernando scooped her in the net. She weighed 11lb-7 3/4oz on the Salter Brecknell and measured out at 27" by 19.5" a new PB for me. I just beat the other 11lber for the lead in the contest. With only a day to go I had a good chance of winning the free trip. It lasted throughout the final day until the last hour when I got beat by a beautiful 12-4. Noah had a 2nd new PB on the last day with a 9-8 on a spook style topwater bait.

Best baits for the week were 1 ounce jigs in black/blue tipped with black/blue 7" senkos, 2oz bacca burritos swimbaits, numerous topwater baits but mostly poppers & spook style walkers & lipless crankbaits. There was a DD caught on a whopper plopper. Collective big fish for the group included 7 bass over 10lbs. 2 bass over 11lbs & one very sweet 12-4. Lots of reports of dumped fish which would have added to the double digit count. By the end of the week just about everyone knew the rest of the members of the group as new friends & acquaintances. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Hawgtech owner Robert Perez brought some spare handles & parts to service anyones emergency needs & saved the day for a few.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:12 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
This is the best fish I've caught this year. I usually get one close to or at double-digits each year, but I have no complaints! I lost one on a jig last week around the same size, and was thinking I might not even get over the 5# hump this year. She was just under 7lbs on a Lucky Craft Bevy crank 2.3 gram crankbait. SS Air on a custom ulm Immortal, spiral-wrapped right with 8# Sufix Nanobraid. The Cabontex did its job. She wore herself out in about 2 minutes. Took a couple pics and back she went. It was a lot of fun!

Nice light tackle catch Tim! Bet those were a couple heart pumping minutes.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:13 pm

dhottle wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:59 pm
Made it to Lake Bacarrac with four friends Robert Perez, Noah Arroyo & Justin Bell as part of Wayne Campbell's Swimbait Universe group. 21 guys in the group so we had a full house at the lodge for 5 days of fishing & fun. The trip offered an incentive to the guy who caught the biggest bass with a free trip next year with Wayne's group. Just a little icing on the cake for this group of dedicated fisherman. As the fishing reports came in at lunch time & dinner time a common theme surfaced. It was either feast or famine for almost all boats. Tough fishing by Lake Bacarrac standards. Big fish for the first day was in the 9's. By the 2nd day there were double digits on the board. Daily fish numbers for the boats went form less than 10 up to 40-50 count. New PB's were rolling in for some but it remained tough for others. I got a new topwater PB on day two with a 9lber on a small popper. That morning we had a fantastic topwater bite that lasted for 2.5 hours because of overcast conditions. Noah had a new PB of 8-12 the third day & boy was he excited. On day four the big fish bar was raised by a 11-5 in the morning. That same morning I had a big fish on that had me perplexed by its weight & strength as it pulled drag during an extended fight. This fish really kicked my a--. When it finally got netted it was a 3-4 pounder. Everyone was perplexed until we noticed two bent out hook points on the front treble. The small fish was hooked on the rear treble. We surmised that the big fish got off right at the boat before the small fish hit the net. I was emotionally devastated. What a letdown. On the plus side that morning my SK lipless crankbait was on fire. I had a unique bait by sound & color that was a one of a kind bait. I was getting three fish to my boatmates one all morning long. We had 30+ bass between 4-7lbs that morning with as many as 5 straight in 5 casts. The bass were hitting shad trapped at the surface over 40-60 fow. It was a slugfest. After lunch on the fourth day I continued to fish that lipless crankbait for the rest of the day. It was working but not as successfully as the morning. I casted parallel to an island in 20 fow when my bait just stopped. It first felt like a snag but the head shakes gave it away. She jumped completely out of the water & Robert yelled at me PB. I was so busy trying to keep the rod tip down so she couldn't jump I never saw her. She finally came boatside them dived under the boat towards the opposite side. I worked her back & Hernando scooped her in the net. She weighed 11lb-7 3/4oz on the Salter Brecknell and measured out at 27" by 19.5" a new PB for me. I just beat the other 11lber for the lead in the contest. With only a day to go I had a good chance of winning the free trip. It lasted throughout the final day until the last hour when I got beat by a beautiful 12-4. Noah had a 2nd new PB on the last day with a 9-8 on a spook style topwater bait.

Best baits for the week were 1 ounce jigs in black/blue tipped with black/blue 7" senkos, 2oz bacca burritos swimbaits, numerous topwater baits but mostly poppers & spook style walkers & lipless crankbaits. There was a DD caught on a whopper plopper. Collective big fish for the group included 7 bass over 10lbs. 2 bass over 11lbs & one very sweet 12-4. Lots of reports of dumped fish which would have added to the double digit count. By the end of the week just about everyone knew the rest of the members of the group as new friends & acquaintances. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Hawgtech owner Robert Perez brought some spare handles & parts to service anyones emergency needs & saved the day for a few.

Heck of a trip sir =D> You gonna get a mount made of that fish?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:20 pm

I’m not a big flounder fisherman, but do fish for them on occasion during the fall. Haven’t fished for them specifically yet this year, but have caught the 2 biggest flounder of my life this month. First came on a chatterbait, and this one came on a Flash Minnow 95. Ripping it at warp speed looking for big trout, and it just stopped. Felt it move, set the hook and this thing comes up head shaking like crazy! Thought for sure it would come off with only 1 hook of the rear treble holding on, but somehow got it close and that Boga in its mouth.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:14 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:13 pm
dhottle wrote:

Thanks. Waiting to get my first teenager before getting a replica mount.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:54 am

dhottle wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:14 am
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:13 pm
dhottle wrote:

Thanks. Waiting to get my first teenager before getting a replica mount.
Yes. It's gotta be a teener for a mount if you catch big fish regularly. Like you do! :lol:

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Never know, a new PB on a memorable trip may have been worth it, but definitely understand wanting bigger!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 am

Thanksgiving chunk. Got mine this morning before the festivities. If you're not traveling, I hope you get yours. Happy thanksgiving!

..........And the rare accidental hookset of a gar with an EWG...
Attachments
IMG_3764.jpg
IMG_3764.jpg (80.42 KiB) Viewed 8616 times
IMG_3745.jpg
IMG_3745.jpg (80.07 KiB) Viewed 8616 times

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:49 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 am
Thanksgiving chunk. Got mine this morning before the festivities. If you're not traveling, I hope you get yours. Happy thanksgiving!

..........And the rare accidental hookset of a gar with an EWG...
Nice man, quick trips are always fun. Little late, but hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 am

Stuck a few studs on the river last weekend. Ripping some chatter through the grass, feel that thump and set the hook into a truck! Water depth was only 1-2’, so the big ones really put on a show with the long hard runs and wallowing around on the surface! Then you also have to fight through the grass. Bass you just have to pull them out, but these guys take you deeper into it! Some nice bass are in the same areas, so you never know what the next bite will be. 843 Conquest/Aldebaran Mg7.7:1 using a Jackall Break Blade

Fun bite in the darkness last night. Line thru Rhythm Wave catching giants, way back in a small, shallow area. Camera was dead so I took some board pics. Conquest 842/Stile SS put the heat on him and got the job done again after a solid fight. And no buzzing :lol: