Toledo Bend Fish 3/8/12-3/11/12

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Toledo Bend Fish 3/8/12-3/11/12

Post by frogpond11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Didn't tear em up but caught some good ones, had one 6 lbs 5 oz, there's a few pics of her below, and the setup I used to catch her. It's one of my value setups but I love the heck out of it! It's a 7' H Falcon Bucoo paired with a 7.1:1 Lew's Tourney Pro and a 1/2 oz Stanley double willow spinnerbait(white)..with 15# Yozuri Hybrid. Here's the pics..

And here's a couple 3.5 lbers we caught on jerkbaits...

This was my first trip ever to fish suspending jerkbaits and also my first trip to fish an alabama rig. I caught quite a few fish on both..probably 20+ on jerkbaits and 15 on the ala rig. It was a lot of fun. That Vision 110 in French Pearl Orange Belly is awesome!! One of the other guys with us on the trip(bcody on the forum) had good success with a Pointer 78 in Ghost Minnow as well. I had that bait but never took it out of the package because I was having too much fun with the Vision. The alabama rig is a lot of fun to fish as well. I caught two fish on one cast at one point. It definitely catches fish. It's no gimmick. The 6-05 came on the 1/2 oz SB and that's what I caught the majority of my fish on at Toledo this year. We got hammered with winds and a cold front while we were there, so it wasn't near as good as it could have been, but still had a decent trip. I caught the 6 lber in the last hour the last day we were there fishing \:D/

Oh..and I fished the jerkbaits with a Patriarch XT spooled with 12# Bass Pro XPS fluoro on a 7' MXF Zillion rod..awesome setup for those baits IMO...

Justin

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Toledo Bend Fish 3/8/12-3/11/12

Post by vArm » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

NICE!
Thanks for story!
MegabassUSA.com

bCody
Elite Angler
Elite Angler