Created by Daiwa, tuned at I'ze, pimped in da 35.

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Created by Daiwa, tuned at I'ze, pimped in da 35.

Post by hardb8 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Instead of hearing from me, I'll let the reel do the talking. :shock: :lol:

I first met B8 back in 2005, I' ll never forget the look on his face when he peered at me, as the lid of my box opened for the first time. Since that day we have spent much time together. The past seven seasons have been an absolute blast, with us traveling to many fantastic locations, to do battle with some legendary Australian adversary's.

He works me pretty hard some times, as when the cast count gets into the high hundreds for a session, my bearings start to hurt. It's O.K. though, as I know at the end of the day he will take care of me with a little T.L.C.

I started to get a little worried a few years back at this new location he took me. It was the first time we had been separated :( but it wasn't to be the last. On this particular occasion, all I remember is shooting some rapids in the kayak, jolting all over the place, then going over the side. I bounced from rock to rock under water as the current pushed me along. It seemed like an eternity that I was under, and I was getting scared. I knew he would not rest until he found me though, and after about ten minutes of him diving down, he finally grabbed me :D . I got pretty tore up that day. Some nice battle scares made there way onto my frame. It was then that I realised I was a work horse, doing what I was made to do. FISH! 8-)

Some days I feel sorry for my other brothers and sisters that he locks away in that big dark timber chest, but I know if they come out, I have to stay at home, so I like being a field reel, and one of his favourites. Even if it does mean a few bumps and scratches.

Although I'm not as pretty as I used to be, he still cares for me with cleaning after every session, and regular rebuilds. Where it matters, on the inside, I have been sanded and polished within an inch of my life. I gots me a Carbontex washer kit, all lapped metals, and I even got a top washer in my stack from one of my cousins, the Bay Casting Special. He told me it would make me stronger for when we go Barramundi fishing. I hate Barra, they make my stack hurt :D . Also got some ZPI sics on my spool. I'm very proud of my zero failure rate after seven loyal years of service. He looks after me, and I look after him 8-) .

Recently he was staring at me on the bench, and I heard him mumble something about a makeover. He started with a full service as usual, nothin new I thought. But when time came for assembley, all this new stuff started goin on me. He was tryin all these different parts that weren't mine. Trim rings, thumb bars, cast caps, drag stars, where's this gonna end I thought. We must of went through five different handles before for some reason, he became obsessed with tracking down one my Grandma was fitted with back in 2001. Then the knob drama, honestly! ](*,) He tried more combinations than I thought were even available. I watched him from the back of the bench work litterally for hours on one particular set, these are the ones I now adorn. I'd never been on the table this long, and I was relieved when he finally started cranking me , I knew we were finished. I looked up to see that same look, the one I seen so long ago when he first opened me up :big grin: and I heard him say one word. Done!

The other day I heard my brother, the red and gold I'ze, talkin to a few Monoblocks in that big chest I told you about earlier. He was sayin I looked like a Coke can :cry: . At the time I was upset, as this was comin from my twin, my blood. But after I got spooled up and screwed down, I realised they were just jealous.

I dig my new look, and I can't wait to rip into the next seven years of piscatorial combat with B8. :D 8-)

Regards, Coka Cola Light. \:D/
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 001.jpg (122.25 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 013.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Picture 011.jpg
Picture 011.jpg (119.51 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 007.jpg (106.6 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Picture 014.jpg
Picture 014.jpg (113.99 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Last edited by hardb8 on Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strenght of the fish,And the later is intitled to an even chance for his life...Regards Hardb8.

hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Created by Daiwa, tuned at I'ze, pimped at 35.

Post by hardb8 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Picture 008.jpg
Picture 008.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
Picture 012.jpg
Picture 012.jpg (108.12 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 009.jpg (98.13 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 010.jpg (115.7 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
The evolution 8-) .
Picture 057.jpg
Picture 057.jpg (115.65 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
Cheers, B8. ;)
Last edited by hardb8 on Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strenght of the fish,And the later is intitled to an even chance for his life...Regards Hardb8.

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:26 pm

The thought that if you ever decide to sell it, I won't be able to use it. :lol:
=D> bloody unreal.

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Thu May 17, 2012 8:30 pm

y2k88 wrote:The thought that if you ever decide to sell it, I won't be able to use it. :lol:
=D> bloody unreal.
Haha!
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Fri May 18, 2012 5:47 am

A real "stunner". Beautiful =D>
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:55 am

You sir have a talent. Awesome mods. Way to taking tuning to the next level!
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat May 19, 2012 5:18 am

Holy schwing BATMAN! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Sat May 19, 2012 9:41 am

Yes! I love the story man, it captures the enthusiast passion quite poetically.
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rubs96 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Excellent piece! lol I love the look!

hardb8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Created by Daiwa, tuned at I'ze, pimped in da 35.

Post by hardb8 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi guys, just wanna throw out a quick cheers to those who have taken the time to comment. Some nice one's there, thankyou. =D>

Before I added the text to this post I was thinking of all the great memories assocciated with this reel. My personal best Australian Bass is proudly on it's resume. We've also gone over 100 Bass landed in a session a couple of times, some awesome Barra on surface, not to mention my first Murray Cod and first Mary River Cod too. Some of the locations we have been to would blow your mind. Untouched, pristine wilderness, Jurassic even! The list just goes on and on. I was thinking, if only this reel could talk, it could keep anglers entertained for hours. This is how I got the idea for the post. Never seen a rod or reels perspective anywhere, just thought it'd be cool for something different. :D This reel could write a book of very special tales.

The over the side story is true, and we have been separated on three different occasions now, all with happy endings. It is pretty scary when you got over $1000 worth of combo bouncing underwater down the rapids out of sight. I'd actually rather lose a brand new setup than this one, as so much history and memories are attached to it. 8-)

On the reel itself. I don't normally change the appearance of reels too much, I am more of a factory look fan. Usually just handles and knobs, or maybe a spool. This time I went way further than I normally would. I am very pleased with the end result, and it will stay this way. As mentioned earlier, there's a new original one in factory dress locked away for another day. Sorry my pictures are not the greatest, but the best I could achieve at the time. :oops: As with most pics of reels, the shots don't do it justice.

Thanks again guys, glad ya like it. :D

Cheers, B8. ;)

Gabriel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gabriel » Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Very very nice, spectacular.

I also understand being attached to equipment, it's ok to get carried away. Just be careful, if you don't use it now that it is pretty and special it wont be special anymore.
"Can I poke the fish in the eye?"
Dakota

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm

What a beauty =D> =D>

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Sun May 20, 2012 2:40 am

I sit in awed silence. Words are not able to express the respect I have for you for using this work of art as it was intended.

However if you feel the need to dispose of those gold knobs, I have a Gigio Titanio that is calling out for them. :crying:

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Sun May 20, 2012 6:54 am

Beautiful reel! Great story about a sports car that's not a trailer queen!

brickhouse314
Angler
Angler

Post by brickhouse314 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 am

WOW...

That is all. Just wow. No other way to describe it.
"Dad gummit!" - Bill Dance