Where are the shimanos?

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
GaborSuri
Angler
Angler

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by GaborSuri » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 am

Brothers...

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:18 am

How do you like that BFS XG?

been thinking about getting one....

GaborSuri
Angler
Angler

Post by GaborSuri » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:How do you like that BFS XG?

been thinking about getting one....
I tried, did not work for me. The shallow spool is very good for small baits, but the magnetic brake is a hateful thing...
I sold immediately. I will buy another reel, probably a JDM Revo SLC-IB7 or JDM Met MGL...
Sorry for my english :)

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:36 am

<")))><{

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 pm

lmbfisherman wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:2017 Scorpion 100 DC
Very nice Booty! Is it the same DC breaking profile as the Current Met DC? Anything jump out to you about the reel as a strong plush or minus?
Seems very well made, trademark shimano smoothness. As you can see the spool was modified to make it a 100 capacity. It seems to be a similiar IDC5 as the Met DC. Outside dial has the A, then 4, 3, 2, 1 for the lure weights. You have to remove the sideplate all the way to change the line setting. Ive seem a couple of videos on it already, makes the DC whine. Spool is 18 gram. Wont be able to fish it till this weekend. I hope it cast better than my other Scorpion DC
Let us know it is as I'm on the fence!
Ok so I got about 2 hours on it today and I threw 4 baits, LC pointer 78, Rapala Shadow rap shad deep, zman diezel chatter bait, and a keitech 3.3 fat on a 1/8oz head. Used 12lb Vicious flouro(performed much better than I expected)
Started off with the inner setting to mono, got really good distance the A setting, and the 2-3 setting, the 1 setting the spool was getting squirly. I tried the Fluoro setting next, went through the settings and the dial on 4 it casted like my old scorpion DC, short distance and you literally could not even get loops to show up on the spool while casting. working my way down the dial I got decent distance but you can tell the brakes were turned up to control potentially heavy, wiry flouro. The brakes really kicked in while in this mode, distance was the shortest but with the dial turned down to 1 or 2 you definitely get respectable distance and easily passed my old Scorpion(which seems to be stuck in the flouro setting). Going to PE mode i could not go down to 1 on the dial but with 2 or 3 i got almost met MGL distance on a few casts. So this definitely has the long cast capabilities which is awesome. DC whine is there and it was very smooth on the retrieve. I only backlashed when i was testing the lower brake settings. I didnt catch any fish as where I was fishing was heavily pressured but I did turn a few heads when they heard the DC zing :lol: I think this is the new sleeper DC reel that outperforms its price point, replacing the old Exsence DC(which is being replaced by a much more expensive model) I havent fished my Exsence in over a year and Im trying to decide which casts farther. I may have to find out at some point. I dont really see any cons to this reel, other than the side plate has to come off to change the line setting and I almost dropped it. Other than that, it palms great, smooth, powerful, looks slick. Not sure what is going to stand up to it for $250? Maybe the Chronarch MGL but that doesnt have a metal frame. In any even, the new Scorpion is huge improvement over the previous model(or at least the particular example I got), smoother, casts farther, more adjustable, more powerful.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:33 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:Image

Very nice steals there :lol:

Olli25
Angler
Angler

Post by Olli25 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
lmbfisherman wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:2017 Scorpion 100 DC
Very nice Booty! Is it the same DC breaking profile as the Current Met DC? Anything jump out to you about the reel as a strong plush or minus?
Seems very well made, trademark shimano smoothness. As you can see the spool was modified to make it a 100 capacity. It seems to be a similiar IDC5 as the Met DC. Outside dial has the A, then 4, 3, 2, 1 for the lure weights. You have to remove the sideplate all the way to change the line setting. Ive seem a couple of videos on it already, makes the DC whine. Spool is 18 gram. Wont be able to fish it till this weekend. I hope it cast better than my other Scorpion DC
Ok so I got about 2 hours on it today and I threw 4 baits, LC pointer 78, Rapala Shadow rap shad deep, zman diezel chatter bait, and a keitech 3.3 fat on a 1/8oz head. Used 12lb Vicious flouro(performed much better than I expected)
Started off with the inner setting to mono, got really good distance the A setting, and the 2-3 setting, the 1 setting the spool was getting squirly. I tried the Fluoro setting next, went through the settings and the dial on 4 it casted like my old scorpion DC, short distance and you literally could not even get loops to show up on the spool while casting. working my way down the dial I got decent distance but you can tell the brakes were turned up to control potentially heavy, wiry flouro. The brakes really kicked in while in this mode, distance was the shortest but with the dial turned down to 1 or 2 you definitely get respectable distance and easily passed my old Scorpion(which seems to be stuck in the flouro setting). Going to PE mode i could not go down to 1 on the dial but with 2 or 3 i got almost met MGL distance on a few casts. So this definitely has the long cast capabilities which is awesome. DC whine is there and it was very smooth on the retrieve. I only backlashed when i was testing the lower brake settings. I didnt catch any fish as where I was fishing was heavily pressured but I did turn a few heads when they heard the DC zing :lol: I think this is the new sleeper DC reel that outperforms its price point, replacing the old Exsence DC(which is being replaced by a much more expensive model) I havent fished my Exsence in over a year and Im trying to decide which casts farther. I may have to find out at some point. I dont really see any cons to this reel, other than the side plate has to come off to change the line setting and I almost dropped it. Other than that, it palms great, smooth, powerful, looks slick. Not sure what is going to stand up to it for $250? Maybe the Chronarch MGL but that doesnt have a metal frame. In any even, the new Scorpion is huge improvement over the previous model(or at least the particular example I got), smoother, casts farther, more adjustable, more powerful.

Hi Booty how`re you? Damn man .... every year you got your reels quicker than me :D .... as you can expect i had preorderd some JDM Reels this year as last year. Thanks for the nice pictures and informations

One is the Scorpion DC the other the Scorpion BFS and I got the Met MGL as well :big grin:

Nice to hear from you that the new Scorpion DC is worth the money. I heard that von Kayo and Jun before but nice to read it from you too. Now i am happy to get my 101 DC after it is released in JP. I have the old Scorpion too :whistle: . Do you get the Scorp BFS too ?

Best regards Olli

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:20 am

Olli25 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
lmbfisherman wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Fishing4Fun wrote:

Hi Booty how`re you? Damn man .... every year you got your reels quicker than me :D .... as you can expect i had preorderd some JDM Reels this year as last year. Thanks for the nice pictures and informations

One is the Scorpion DC the other the Scorpion BFS and I got the Met MGL as well :big grin:

Nice to hear from you that the new Scorpion DC is worth the money. I heard that von Kayo and Jun before but nice to read it from you too. Now i am happy to get my 101 DC after it is released in JP. I have the old Scorpion too :whistle: . Do you get the Scorp BFS too ?

Best regards Olli
Hey Olli, no need to preorder anything these days. If you joing the Japanlureshop facebook page they will make a post when they get their stock.
And yes i plan to get the scorpion bfs and conquest bfs lol

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:49 am

Thanks for the detailed follow up reply Booty! Would love to know how the distance compares to the Exscence DC...

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 am

Yes thanks for the follow up! Sounds like another Shimano I need to get!!!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:26 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:Image

Which PB blank is that?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm