Snowy day on the Connecticut river

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Snowy day on the Connecticut river

Post by cjtoad » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Got out on the Connecticut river in the snow with my friends Scott and Joe(realprey). Had a great if not cold day on the water. Everyone caught a bunch of fish on blades and some jigs, including Joe's new jig he's working on . Be out there tomorrow with a couple of more friends looking for more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQlFJG-efw&feature=plcp

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Snowy day on the Connecticut river

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Nice work! Gotta love fishing with snow on the ground. Everyone else stops and stays warm.

capesmallie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capesmallie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Nice CJ! that new jig of Joe's is going to be deadly in the spring

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm

If your having the same warming trend were having in CT then tomorrow looks much warmer. nice fish and have a great day on the water.

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 pm

capesmallie wrote:Nice CJ! that new jig of Joe's is going to be deadly in the spring
He caught a couple of nice smallies on them, looks like they could be really good for deep dead sticking. Scott's blades were the best baits of the day by far.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 am

Love catching fish...esp bass, when there is fresh snow on the ground. Just seems so out of place...but so kool.

Great work, looks like you guys had a blast, eh?

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:23 am

Nice mixed bag there guys! Thanks for sharing!

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 am

Nice wintry smallies.

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 am

Nice bronze boys!

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Very nice! A few of the fish in that video appeared to be rather large. What length and weight would you consider to be trophy sized from that drainage? Also, I see black spots on one of those smallies. Do you see alot of fish up that way with them? We see a bunch of spotty fish down here in the colder months.

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Jraymond wrote:Very nice! A few of the fish in that video appeared to be rather large. What length and weight would you consider to be trophy sized from that drainage? Also, I see black spots on one of those smallies. Do you see alot of fish up that way with them? We see a bunch of spotty fish down here in the colder months.
I've caught a number of fives in that section of river. The first fish was right around 4 I'd say but we didn't get any weights that day. Don't see a lot of smallies with the spots but the largemouths in the river have lots of them. That fish was just covered with them never seen a smallie like it before.

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 pm

cjtoad wrote:
Jraymond wrote:Very nice! A few of the fish in that video appeared to be rather large. What length and weight would you consider to be trophy sized from that drainage? Also, I see black spots on one of those smallies. Do you see alot of fish up that way with them? We see a bunch of spotty fish down here in the colder months.
I've caught a number of fives in that section of river. The first fish was right around 4 I'd say but we didn't get any weights that day. Don't see a lot of smallies with the spots but the largemouths in the river have lots of them. That fish was just covered with them never seen a smallie like it before.
I see. thats about the same sizes we see as big fish down there way. Sounds like a nice fishery.
Interesting to hear more largies show up with spots vs smallies. Some of the Smallies we get look like dalmatians lol Dont mean to Hi-jack your thread but check out these clickable pics.