Lets see all them Daiwa's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 am

Teal101 wrote:Image
The PO Ninja throwing down with the yellow!
Show off :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Awesome, love. The yellow knobs. =D>

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Teal101 wrote:Image
Man, so it’s you and Rise that are hoarding all the nib lefty P.O. tdz’s. :lol: Sweet Reels, knobs, and honeycomb. I gotta get me a P.O. someday.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:06 pm

domthewon wrote: Man, so it’s you and Rise that are hoarding all the nib lefty P.O. tdz’s. :lol: Sweet Reels, knobs, and honeycomb. I gotta get me a P.O. someday.
He's righties, I'm lefties ;)
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Teal101 wrote:
domthewon wrote: Man, so it’s you and Rise that are hoarding all the nib lefty P.O. tdz’s. :lol: Sweet Reels, knobs, and honeycomb. I gotta get me a P.O. someday.
He's righties, I'm lefties ;)
Got the whole market covered. Now I see your strategy. ;)

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:58 am

My first and only Daiwa as I'm a Shimano fan boy. Not the best pic as I took the pic for a buddy to show him the M spool. I'm trying to like the dark side :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Alphas SV with Zonda spool on an Orochi xXx BE2. The spool really likes smooth casting strokes. I was whipping it around in the yard going for max distance like I usually do and the spool would either blow up with too little brakes going for more distance or choke off at the end of the cast. I started doing some roll casts to see how it handles roll casting a squarebill along the shoreline and I was getting almost the same distance as before with gentle one handed roll casts. The spool has humming along beautifully sending the bait flying at a flat trajectory with effortless roll casts. This going to be my new squarebill and topwater rig

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 pm

LowRange wrote:Alphas SV with Zonda spool on an Orochi xXx BE2. The spool really likes smooth casting strokes. I was whipping it around in the yard going for max distance like I usually do and the spool would either blow up with too little brakes going for more distance or choke off at the end of the cast. I started doing some roll casts to see how it handles roll casting a squarebill along the shoreline and I was getting almost the same distance as before with gentle one handed roll casts. The spool has humming along beautifully sending the bait flying at a flat trajectory with effortless roll casts. This going to be my new squarebill and topwater rig
The black Zonda spool? I'm able to bomb casts with mine, but it's still in a Zonda. It casts pretty low too, despite being a deep spool thanks to that tapered rotor. My SV105 can get pretty wild, though with the stock spool. I wonder if that means the magnets are different in the "magnaride braking system". I'll have to swap them around and see.
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:33 pm

poisonokie wrote:
LowRange wrote:Alphas SV with Zonda spool on an Orochi xXx BE2. The spool really likes smooth casting strokes. I was whipping it around in the yard going for max distance like I usually do and the spool would either blow up with too little brakes going for more distance or choke off at the end of the cast. I started doing some roll casts to see how it handles roll casting a squarebill along the shoreline and I was getting almost the same distance as before with gentle one handed roll casts. The spool has humming along beautifully sending the bait flying at a flat trajectory with effortless roll casts. This going to be my new squarebill and topwater rig
The black Zonda spool? I'm able to bomb casts with mine, but it's still in a Zonda. It casts pretty low too, despite being a deep spool thanks to that tapered rotor. My SV105 can get pretty wild, though with the stock spool. I wonder if that means the magnets are different in the "magnaride braking system". I'll have to swap them around and see.
The Zonda has stronger magnets than the Alphas SV. The spool casts far fine but it doesn't like whip cast I was using. I don't palm the reel when I cast and only have one finger behind the trigger when casting. This frees up my wrist to flick/snap/whip the rod on the cast. This spool didn't seen it like it the way my other spools do. It casts beautifully with a more gentle stroke. If I really try and put some heat on it in the cast it fluffs up mid cast and more mag dial removes the fluff but brakes more than I want in the end of the cast. A smoother casting motion prevents the fluff and allows me to run less dial.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:36 pm

LowRange wrote: The Zonda has stronger magnets than the Alphas SV.
Makes sense. My Zonda is an incredible general purpose caster that doesn't scare me like the SV105. I usually use smooth, low trajectory casts with the SV. It will absolutely bomb a compact, aerodynamic bait, but it freaks me out sometimes with things like Senkos. Gotta remember to keep the brakes turned up with that one.

Anyway, that's a great looking combo. I like that drag star. SLP? I'm thinking of lifting the one from my Tat Type R for mine, although a black or Daiwa style gunmetal one would look sick. Hmmm... :-k
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:52 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Makes sense. My Zonda is an incredible general purpose caster that doesn't scare me like the SV105. I usually use smooth, low trajectory casts with the SV. It will absolutely bomb a compact, aerodynamic bait, but it freaks me out sometimes with things like Senkos. Gotta remember to keep the brakes turned up with that one.

Anyway, that's a great looking combo. I like that drag star. SLP? I'm thinking of lifting the one from my Tat Type R for mine, although a black or Daiwa style gunmetal one would look sick. Hmmm... :-k
I think it is an SLP drag star. I bought the reel with it already installed. I don't like the little weird looking one the Alphas SV comes with stock.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:07 pm

LowRange wrote:
poisonokie wrote:

I think it is an SLP drag star. I bought the reel with it already installed. I don't like the little weird looking one the Alphas SV comes with stock.

That is a Zillion Type R drag star. ;)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:
poisonokie wrote:

Hey, how did you know that? :lol:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:10 pm

LowRange wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
LowRange wrote:
poisonokie wrote:

Hey, how did you know that? :lol:
Pretty sure at least 1/4 of the Alphas reels that are floating around in TT members' collections came through my hands! O:) On a different note, that cc cap is the "reel" star of that reel. It came from an Aird Red Tune 100R reel. I went to a lot of trouble and expense sourcing a few of those from Japanese vendors. I still have 2 of them. :big grin:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 pm

One of my favorites...
Attachments
942ADCB9-998A-439E-A793-AB4772FDC0DA.jpeg
942ADCB9-998A-439E-A793-AB4772FDC0DA.jpeg (94.15 KiB) Viewed 7761 times
54E72F01-4F87-4AB3-804C-3209B87D8C9B.jpeg
54E72F01-4F87-4AB3-804C-3209B87D8C9B.jpeg (95.13 KiB) Viewed 7761 times
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT