Lets see all them Daiwa's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:49 am
Looking good, Tony and Tim!

Tim, you'll probably cringe at some of these photos with the Zaion drag stars~ :lol:
I really dig that Alphas. Blue is my jam - looks similar to my Steez. Who painted it?

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:24 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm

I really dig that Alphas. Blue is my jam - looks similar to my Steez. Who painted it?
Thanks! I believe it's a Calfish paint job, it was also tuned and polished originally at TT before I bought it from it's previous owner. It's a really unique color as the paint can appear purlple, to blue ,to reddish depending on the angle you're looking at it from. I've since replaced the red brake knob and lock washer shown in the last 2 photos. Oh yeah, and the nose piece too.

Here are a couple pics to show the different colors it can appear as.
Attachments
ITO Ai 3.jpg
ITO Ai 3.jpg (75.77 KiB) Viewed 12460 times
ITO Ai 2.jpg
ITO Ai 2.jpg (92.35 KiB) Viewed 12460 times
Last edited by Winstondry on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 am

Winstondry wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:24 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Thanks! I believe it's a Calfish paint job, it was also tuned and polished originally at TT before I bought it from it's previous owner. It's a really unique color as the paint can appear purlple, to blue ,to reddish depending on the angle you're looking at it from. I've since replaced the red brake knob and lock washer shown in the last 2 photos.

There are so many color variations already out there with the Alphas that you really have to do something different to get noticed. Painting the frame really helps. I like the grey frame on the TDZ, but the frame on the Alphas always looks better to me when they are painted. That paint job is really nice.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

Winstondry wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Thanks! I believe it's a Calfish paint job, it was also tuned and polished originally at TT before I bought it from it's previous owner. It's a really unique color as the paint can appear purlple, to blue ,to reddish depending on the angle you're looking at it from. I've since replaced the red brake knob and lock washer shown in the last 2 photos. Oh yeah, and the nose piece too.

The paint job itself looks well done and like it will last. Pretty cool color too.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:02 am

I used to know a dude with a guitar with a similar paint job. He called it "Rosy Purpleine Chrome Illusion." And wow, that's sick. It doesn't even look like the same reel! Alphas Type Cuttlefish.
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 am

One of the better re-paints I've seen. Very nice

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:20 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 am
Must be a Rhembrandt :big grin:
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:16 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:20 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
:doh:

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:54 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:16 pm
389Maverick wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:20 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
:doh:
:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Just got this PX68 at a great price and Ill throw in the PXTR original spool in it.. Still havent casted either of them
Attachments
IMG_8752.JPG
steez working on the PX68
IMG_8752.JPG (34.8 KiB) Viewed 11840 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:01 pm

toddmc wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 am
Winstondry wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Thanks! I believe it's a Calfish paint job, it was also tuned and polished originally at TT before I bought it from it's previous owner. It's a really unique color as the paint can appear purlple, to blue ,to reddish depending on the angle you're looking at it from. I've since replaced the red brake knob and lock washer shown in the last 2 photos.

There are so many color variations already out there with the Alphas that you really have to do something different to get noticed. Painting the frame really helps. I like the grey frame on the TDZ, but the frame on the Alphas always looks better to me when they are painted. That paint job is really nice.
I'm typically the gray scale guy, lots of silver/white/gray/black shades on my reels.....but I've always thought this one was the best of the factory paintjobs that Daiwa has done on an Alphas variant, and among the best across all their reels. I love this little reel! It has Sol magnetic guts in the palm plate and a Finesse Custom spool(thanks to Jkitchens), along with a bunch of other internal and external mods. It's a pocket-rocket with a weightless 4" Yum Dinger. :big grin:

Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:01 pm
toddmc wrote:
Winstondry wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

I'm typically the gray scale guy, lots of silver/white/gray/black shades on my reels.....but I've always thought this one was the best of the factory paintjobs that Daiwa has done on an Alphas variant, and among the best across all their reels. I love this little reel! It has Sol magnetic guts in the palm plate and a Finesse Custom spool, along with a bunch of other internal and external mods. It's a pocket-rocket with a weightless 4" Yum Dinger. :big grin:

Magnificent!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:41 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:14 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:01 pm
toddmc wrote:
Winstondry wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

I'm typically the gray scale guy, lots of silver/white/gray/black shades on my reels.....but I've always thought this one was the best of the factory paintjobs that Daiwa has done on an Alphas variant, and among the best across all their reels. I love this little reel! It has Sol magnetic guts in the palm plate and a Finesse Custom spool, along with a bunch of other internal and external mods. It's a pocket-rocket with a weightless 4" Yum Dinger. :big grin:

Magnificent!
That's one of the reels that I will be sending the drive shaft from in the coming months. ;)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Nothing nobody’s never seen before, but my favorite Daiwa reel...the 5.3Jdream. Not as flashy as my other Daiwa’s, but I threw an ip68 line-guide on it to match the other gunmetal and silver parts, zpi bearings, and an Slp95 handle. I bought a backup palm plate Just in case it ever gets scratched. I also bought a 7.9 palm plate and 7.9 gears if I ever want to speed it up.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:58 pm

domthewon wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Nothing nobody’s never seen before, but my favorite Daiwa reel...the 5.3Jdream. Not as flashy as my other Daiwa’s, but I threw an ip68 line-guide on it to match the other gunmetal and silver parts, zpi bearings, and an Slp95 handle. I bought a backup palm plate Just in case it ever gets scratched. I also bought a 7.9 palm plate and 7.9 gears if I ever want to speed it up.

How do you like those knobs ?
On small reels, they give me more handle still comfortable
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible