more parts

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

more parts

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 am

avail drag star semper fi swept handle
avail cast control knobs to match

90mmm semper fi
Last edited by fishingandfords on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: more parts

Post by phatbass » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 pm

nice I really like those handles

Trangalang
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Trangalang » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm

=D> Are those 88mm Semper Fi handles on the cores?

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Trangalang wrote:=D> Are those 88mm Semper Fi handles on the cores?
Yea I talked him into making that first run

Crackerjack
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Crackerjack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:18 pm

A couple questions about the straight Semper Fi handle ? It looks much narrower than the latest rage Tech handle. What is the weight compared to the Tech handle ? Is the locking plate the same as Factory Shimano ? I hear that Tech is revamping their handle design. The Tech nut cap size kills their design. Debating on ordering a couple Semper Fi but awaiting the new design from Tech.

pobigred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pobigred » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Crackerjack wrote:A couple questions about the straight Semper Fi handle ? It looks much narrower than the latest rage Tech handle. What is the weight compared to the Tech handle ? Is the locking plate the same as Factory Shimano ? I hear that Tech is revamping their handle design. The Tech nut cap size kills their design. Debating on ordering a couple Semper Fi but awaiting the new design from Tech.
I probably own more Semper Fi stuff than anyone else in the US. I never bothered to get caught up in the whole precise weight issues. I also have a Hawg Tech handle. It is much wider and much thicker, which has been the only real complaint about their handles - everyone who has purchased them has seemed to have positive comments otherwise. With regard to the locking nut, just send Semper Fi an email and Benson will know the answer and respond - just realize there is a huge time difference between Singapore and here. I have always simply ordered the nut retainer, nuts and screws along with their handles. I have put their stuff on everything from an R+, to an ITO, to Calcutta 100dc, to MB Racing Condition (lpquick has them on two MB Monoblocks), a Custom I'ze, a Metanium DC. The Hawg Tech is currently on an HLC, but thinking of replacing it with an 88mm swept.

You do NOT have to have a swept drag star to use the Semper Fi swept handles. If you have a particular reel that it will work right with, you might consider looking at their Candy handles - truly stunning and very affordable. I have two red candy apple ones on Custom Order I'ze red reels.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Crackerjack wrote:A couple questions about the straight Semper Fi handle ? It looks much narrower than the latest rage Tech handle. What is the weight compared to the Tech handle ? Is the locking plate the same as Factory Shimano ? I hear that Tech is revamping their handle design. The Tech nut cap size kills their design. Debating on ordering a couple Semper Fi but awaiting the new design from Tech.
Semper fi is nice and light unlike the bulky hawgtech handle , the nut and retainer are factory pieces from mg dc7
I'm also curious to see what hawgtech does but for the price I get semper fi handles for its hard not to go thru him,the wait sucks and I hope my 4th swept hadle shows up tomorrow so I can toss it on the 50mg
Benson is great to deal with we email back and forth almost everyday sharing ideas and reel pictures

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Love2Grabbass » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

Man those have got to be the best looking carbon fiber handles I've seen on a Shimano... and I dont even have one! :?

You have some classy looking reels. =D>

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 am

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Love2Grabbass » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm

My vote goes to the silver nut and retainer! Looks juuuusssss right.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Love2Grabbass wrote:My vote goes to the silver nut and retainer! Looks juuuusssss right.
That's how it's going to stay

Crackerjack
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Crackerjack » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I am quite well aware of your Semper Fi handle collection Patrick ](*,) I care about the weight of aftermarket Carbon Fiber handles. If their going to weigh more than a Factory handle then why bother changing and spending the $$$$. I don't care about having shelf queen reels none of mine are picture perfect.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:29 pm

They weigh less them factory handles and look a lot better

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 am

Can we get a top view of the Semper FI swept handle on the 50MG? I want to see how much clearance there is between the end of the shank and the body of the reel.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 am

bassninja wrote:Can we get a top view of the Semper FI swept handle on the 50MG? I want to see how much clearance there is between the end of the shank and the body of the reel.