Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

Post by triple_illusion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Let's see some tricked out swimbait setups....what'cha got?

Here's mine:

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

Post by kakaryan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 am

I thought you wanted to show the big black conquest. :lol:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:37 am

Revo Toro 61:
Boca Abec 7 Orange Seals
Avail Power handle
RCS Jigging Knob
Calfish paint
Custom Rod:
Lamiglas 8' XH Musky Blank
Fuji TiSIC Guides
Matagi Fuji ACS Reel Seat
Matagi and Mudhole trim
EVA Grips

Spooled with 80lb Daiwa Samurai. This is my swimbait/musky combo. Throws 1-8oz lures quite well.

Koldkut
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Koldkut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:43 am

I have here a Hydra BTSWB955 with K series double foot fuji alconites, spiral wrapped left. Custom painted seat, and a little bit of a diamond wrap to match the Revo Toro NACL.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Koldkut wrote:I have here a Hydra BTSWB955 with K series double foot fuji alconites, spiral wrapped left. Custom painted seat, and a little bit of a diamond wrap to match the Revo Toro NACL.

LOVE THIS ROD! May have to get one "almost" like it...doesn't have to be this intricate and fancy! :big grin: :mrgreen: 8-)

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

Monoblock Racing Viola on an Arms A7006X Sunburst.

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 am

Z2020HL on LDC Production H

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am

aussiebasser wrote:Image
Monoblock Racing Viola on an Arms A7006X Sunburst.

You sir are a bad man. 8-)

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:15 am

Hey guys, been a long time. Some of you might remember me. 8-)

Got real into swimbait fishing. I will say this, if you are looking for a swimbait rod, Ben Dehnadi of Low Down Custom Rods makes the best in the business (IMO). :D I have two of them, and am in the beginning stages of getting another one, for smaller baits and the occasional jig.

Here they are, though I don't have any pics of just the setups. The odd looking revo is the JDM Big Shooter, which I traded for a Lexa. The 400TE is probably the best reel I have ever fished, I really want to try the 400D! I have had a few different reels on each rod:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am

Fat-G wrote:Hey guys, been a long time. Some of you might remember me. 8-)
I remember you well, Hayden! Nice setups and a couple of nice fat bass to go along with them! How's college going?

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
I remember you well, Hayden! Nice setups and a couple of nice fat bass to go along with them! How's college going?
Hey Tim, figured if anyone would remember me it would be you. :lol:

College. Is. Amazing. I had a "rough" first year, and my grades reflected it. I am proud to be able to say that I righted that ship before it got too far off track, and as of right now I have a 4.0 (for the first time in my life). I was never a fan of school, but I have found that it is a lot of fun to learn. I have essentially gone from "unguided, clueless teen" to a young man with a goal, a plan, and the motivation to achieve it. I am very excited about my future, as there are literally no limits on what I can do with my life at this point. Thanks for asking. :D

I caught some hella big fish last year, I can post those up if you guys want. Can't remember if i posted them here or not.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 am

I would love to see some of those fish. :shock: But I'm really glad to hear you have got it together with college now. Wish I had done the same, instead of screwing around and then just quitting. Remember, fishing will keep you out of a lot of trouble-I know from personal experience. ;) To the OP, sorry to hi-jack the thread. :oops: :doh: Since this is about swimbait combos, here's mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Tatula is a 100H, but I have a 100P on order to replace it on this rod. The rod is a custom built on a Rainshadow RX-7 CB80H blank. It is rated 3/8-1 1/4 oz. lures, but it handles 10XD's and 2.5 oz. saltwater top-chuggers with ease. I built it to throw High Power Herrings and similar baits, which it excels at.

OG_ZILLION
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by OG_ZILLION » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Got real into swimbait fishing. I will say this, if you are looking for a swimbait rod, Ben Dehnadi of Low Down Custom Rods makes the best in the business (IMO). :D I have two of them, and am in the beginning stages of getting another one, for smaller baits and the occasional jig.

Here they are, though I don't have any pics of just the setups. The odd looking revo is the JDM Big Shooter, which I traded for a Lexa. The 400TE is probably the best reel I have ever fished, I really want to try the 400D! I have had a few different reels on each rod:

Fat-G,

Why did you trade that Revo Toro JDM Big Shooter? Thats a 50 size right?

Reason why I ask is...I am actually looking into getting that reel. I have never fished a Abu Garcia Revo Toro before. I have owned and fished a Abu Garcia Revo SX 1st GEN before. I remember I did not like the way it cast and palmed so I sold it.

Does it cast well? If not...Is that why you decided to trade it for a Lexa? I used to have the Lexa 300's too. I LOVE Daiwa and have always been a Daiwa man/fan ever since I started fishing 5 years ago. I am planning to get 2 Lexa's in the future.

But...the Abu Garcia Revo Toro JDM Big Shooter also looks good and I thought I would give Abu Garcia a try 1 more time in hopes that they have changed/altered their reels since last I used them and hopefully they cast better with the newer gens and hopefully change my mind/experience for the better.

Any other perks/dislikes/pitfalls you found with the reel? I like the 61 for the fact that there is more line capacity...but I think it might be too big for my small hands. I am hoping to use it for swim baits and some light saltwater use and find the 61 might be a better choice line wise. Do you think the 51 is sufficient enough to fulfill my needs?

To the Original Poster: I apologize for stealing your thread if this response gets a lot of user response/use. I saw this post with a search and really wanted to reply to a poster for direct feedback and has no intent of thread jacking.

Thanks,
OG_Zillion

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 am

no worries man its all good! i look forward to everyone's replies whatever they may be:)

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 am

My reel up above is a Toro 61 and it is BIG. I can palm it, but I have pretty big hands. It is not very tall but it is very wide.

I love how it casts. I have it upgraded with Boca 7's and it can sling big baits a country mile. I got the 61 because I use it mainly for Musky and wanted big line capacity for big line. A 51 size would be perfect for bass fishing and it is slightly smaller. The drag is extremely strong. Also the stock handle is long and has oversized paddle grips.