Page 35 of 39

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am
by toddmc
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
toddmc wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 am
10 for originality. You have big huevos if you painted your Daiwa to match that ABU rod, and you are willing to show it off on TT. :D Either way, good job!
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
We wouldn't be on Tackletour if our brains were that simple! We will never have a yin and yang connection in our brains when it comes to tackle. :( Opposites can never be complimentary, unless we think of them as complimentary. ](*,) My college philosophy classes need to get out of my head. :?

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pm
by fishes
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
toddmc wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 am
10 for originality. You have big huevos if you painted your Daiwa to match that ABU rod, and you are willing to show it off on TT. :D Either way, good job!
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
I have the opposite affliction. I almost exclusively mix rod/reel brands. Loomis rods with daiwa reels and steez rods with Shimano reels

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm
by ss30378
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
Same here. I have wished for that same thing many times. Since I swap reels from Shimano to Daiwa and back so often I've had to resort to only buying rods that have no reel affiliation sadly ](*,) .

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm
by Dalleinf
ss30378 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
Same here. I have wished for that same thing many times. Since I swap reels from Shimano to Daiwa and back so often I've had to resort to only buying rods that have no reel affiliation sadly ](*,) .
Ha. I am with you 100%.
If St Croix Rods have any reel affiliation then DO. NOT. ENLIGHTEN. ME... (please)

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:21 pm
by poisonokie
Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm
ss30378 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
Same here. I have wished for that same thing many times. Since I swap reels from Shimano to Daiwa and back so often I've had to resort to only buying rods that have no reel affiliation sadly ](*,) .
Ha. I am with you 100%.
If St Croix Rods have any reel affiliation then DO. NOT. ENLIGHTEN. ME... (please)
Shishamo

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:21 pm
by Houndfish

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am
by Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:04 pm
ss30378 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
Same here. I have wished for that same thing many times. Since I swap reels from Shimano to Daiwa and back so often I've had to resort to only buying rods that have no reel affiliation sadly ](*,) .
Ha. I am with you 100%.
If St Croix Rods have any reel affiliation then DO. NOT. ENLIGHTEN. ME... (please)
I think they have an affiliation with Daiwa in some way.

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm
by toddmc
fishes wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am
toddmc wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 am
10 for originality. You have big huevos if you painted your Daiwa to match that ABU rod, and you are willing to show it off on TT. :D Either way, good job!
My greatest wish is for me to “be OK” with mixing ABU/Daiwa/Shimano reels and rods - it would make my life easier and my wallet thicker...
I have the opposite affliction. I almost exclusively mix rod/reel brands. Loomis rods with daiwa reels and steez rods with Shimano reels
I'll need to meet your family immediately to schedule an intervention! :lol: I know a guy that knows a guy that is good at exorcisms ;) .

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:40 am
by SAGISI CUST0MS
Daiwa KTF PX68L w/ drag clicker mod and Alphas Ito smoked side plate.

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:43 am
by SAGISI CUST0MS
Reel: Daiwa Steez SV TW
Spool: Lizard spool Ali express (upgraded bearings)
Handle/knobs : From Megabass Gambler
Other: drag clicker, bearing upgrade, super tuned, hex screws

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 am
by SAGISI CUST0MS
Polished Alphas ito protected by Cerakote MC-5100 clear. Stock handle for pics and offset cf handle for going out.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:03 am
by hoohoorjoo
That Ito is sweeeet!

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:09 am
by goldrod
SAGISI CUST0MS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 am
Polished Alphas ito protected by Cerakote MC-5100 clear. Stock handle for pics and offset cf handle for going out.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Exemplary!!!!
Nice work.

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:12 am
by SAGISI CUST0MS
Daiwa KTF Steez CT SV TW

Image

Image

Re: Show off your BFS Casting Reels

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:24 am
by SAGISI CUST0MS
16 Aldebaran BFS XG w/ avail 16ald15r spool

Image