Hawged reels

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Hawged reels

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 am

A few of my rigs that I have Hawged out.

Top to bottom:
Chronarch50E with curved handle on Carbonlite rod.
Curado50E with straight handle on Compre rod.
Tatula Type-R with curved handle on Clarus rod.
Chronarch50E with straight handle on Compre rod.
Curado200E7 with straight handle on Dobyns Savvy rod.

Thaks for looking.
Attachments
hawgrigs.jpg
hawgrigs.jpg (98.12 KiB) Viewed 4442 times

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Hawged reels

Post by triple_illusion » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:30 pm

cool man! your hawgtech handles are lookin good!

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am

Love the looks of those handles except for the screw cap. Are other brands, such as Hedgehog compatible? Same goes for the knob post

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:52 am

hotdogin wrote:Love the looks of those handles except for the screw cap. Are other brands, such as Hedgehog compatible? Same goes for the knob post
I don't know it they are compatible. I talked to Mike about a few designs that might look better for these handles and the finesse handles they are working on. I really don't mind the caps, as long as they hold the nut in place :lol:

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:57 am

I have got four with two more on the way. \:D/

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 am

I have a few...USA brand (I believe made here), strong, excellent quality and priced very well. Add in great custom service and these are a very viable contender.

Nice work.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 am

dragon1 wrote:I have a few...USA brand (I believe made here), strong, excellent quality and priced very well. Add in great custom service and these are a very viable contender.

Nice work.
Yes, everything is made here in the good ole. Mike is a great guy, and does everything he can to help people. I was very honored to be one of the people on the test field with the product when they first started out. They have never failed me or given me a reason to question them.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 am

He would sell more handles if he listened to his customers. I've shared my thoughts with him and until he dumps the crappy retainer I can't get on board.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am

fishingandfords wrote:He would sell more handles if he listened to his customers. I've shared my thoughts with him and until he dumps the crappy retainer I can't get on board.
I have to agree. The retainer is kind of an eyesore.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 am

IMHO, he would sell quite a bit more of the handles if they were compatible with Daiwa knobs(instead of only Shimano knobs). I know I would buy 8 of them right now if that were the case. :big grin:

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:IMHO, he would sell quite a bit more of the handles if they were compatible with Daiwa knobs(instead of only Shimano knobs). I know I would buy 8 of them right now if that were the case. :big grin:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't aware that they don't work with Daiwa knobs. Guess I'll take Hawgtech off the drawing board.

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 pm

It adds a bit more to the price but I'm awful fond of there cork knobs, have them on my Fuego and t3b

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:IMHO, he would sell quite a bit more of the handles if they were compatible with Daiwa knobs(instead of only Shimano knobs). I know I would buy 8 of them right now if that were the case. :big grin:
This...even more so than the retainer. I like their cork knobs for feel and quality, but the size and shape is a little bulky. I have one with the cork, and the rest are Shimano power knobs.

grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by grantman83 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 am

fishingandfords wrote:He would sell more handles if he listened to his customers. I've shared my thoughts with him and until he dumps the crappy retainer I can't get on board.
I think this is slightly unfair. I feel that slowly but surely, they have listened. First they started to offer anodized matching parts which the customers requested. They then offered a swept, less bulky handle. This was also requested by customers. Now they are custom anodizing parts that you send them.

Though the retainer and lack of compatibility with daiwa knobs annoys some, they are making strides and have been nothing but open and willing to listen. I am going to post some of my custom anodized parts when I get my reels back from their upgrading which I hope will send more customers their way.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 am

grantman83 wrote:
I think this is slightly unfair. I feel that slowly but surely, they have listened. First they started to offer anodized matching parts which the customers requested. They then offered a swept, less bulky handle. This was also requested by customers. Now they are custom anodizing parts that you send them.

Though the retainer and lack of compatibility with daiwa knobs annoys some, they are making strides and have been nothing but open and willing to listen. I am going to post some of my custom anodized parts when I get my reels back from their upgrading which I hope will send more customers their way.
Did u have to purchase their handle to have them anodize your parts?