Bold & Beautiful

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Bold & Beautiful

Post by Redfish » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Truly fish catching pieces of art.

Martin Lo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Martin Lo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:41 am

Lon,

It's the type of setup that demands a "one rod" fishing adventure just so you can get acquainted with it!

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 am

Martin Lo wrote:Lon,

It's the type of setup that demands a "one rod" fishing adventure just so you can get acquainted with it!
I like that approach consider it done, thank you Marty. 8-[

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you for the kind words Lon! The Tackle Trap has been getting a lot of positive feedback from our customers who've purchased rods in the new Destroyer Evoluzion series. That's one incredible combo you have there, simply beautiful. I've fished several reels on it, and really enjoy the Monoblock HG68 on mine. I've been fishing the rod quite a bit lately and enjoying every second of it. I certainly agree that any concern regarding balance vanished from my mind when I held this newest incarnate of the Diablo...

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:46 pm

bronzefly wrote:Thank you for the kind words Lon! The Tackle Trap has been getting a lot of positive feedback from our customers who've purchased rods in the new Destroyer Evoluzion series. That's one incredible combo you have there, simply beautiful. I've fished several reels on it, and really enjoy the Monoblock HG68 on mine. I've been fishing the rod quite a bit lately and enjoying every second of it. I certainly agree that any concern regarding balance vanished from my mind when I held this newest incarnate of the Diablo...
It's a sick stick..still can't get over how they made a rod so balanced and light and have full double foot guides. Amazing rod.

jlb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jlb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Where do the new evoluzion rank in terms of bottom contact sensitivity?

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:56 am

jlb wrote:Where do the new evoluzion rank in terms of bottom contact sensitivity?
I've spent like three whole days fishing the Super Diablo II and its a different feel from many of my fast to x fast action rods such as my NRX's. Initially I thought it was medium to poor in the sensitivity department fishing a light 3/8 oz. jig crawling and popping along the bottom of a small pond known to hold a few heavy weights. The bottom consists of mostly dirt (mud) with little to no vegetation and dragging the bottom left me with no feeling at all. So after almost two hours of nothing it happened a slight tick tick then nothing and another second later two more ticks, I swung for the left field fence and came up empty handed, lol! :crying: Ok excited I started paying more attention again like It was the first time used this rod and within 15 min. It happen again (tick. tick) again i swung for the fences and immediately yanked a small bass about two feet out of the water. 30 second later I released my first bass in over ten years. Those light ticks were very telling and I was starting to appreciate the rod more. I have since fished the rod in lake Ponchartrain for reds and specs using mainly bottom contact techniques and I feel it is extremely sensitive just a different kind of sensitive as compared to say my NRX rods. NRX rods seem to amplify feel where this New Evolution Super Diablo II slows down the transmission like by a micro second providing a true picture of feel instead of a hyped up sense of feel. It's hard to explain, do I feel everything the NRX feels yes just not in the same amplitude. Can I tell the difference between rocks and oyster shells probably not but I don't miss anything either. The mod fast action has given me a slight improvement in hookups over the fast and extra fast actions of my NRX rods, I never thought that was possible but it's true. The killer looks the light weight and excellent overall balance with high sensitivity and a strong backbone earns this rod 4 & 1/2 stars out 5 in my book. A real winner. I can't wait for my limited Expanda to get here \:D/ . All comparasons where done using 12# Seaguar Senshi and my little red monoblock. Let me know if you have questions and I'll try and answer them. Thanks again for looking.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:20 pm

lpquick wrote:I need to give a shout out to Gary at the Tackle Trap for bringing this treasure to my door today. I also need to thank Ian for tuning this sweet reel and turning it into red velvet by day and beast by night, awesome job Ian thank you. The rod sock is really a rod bag and it's perfect, photos coming later. The rod weighs in at 128.5g/4.53 oz. extremely well balanced by itself. Another member reviewed an Evo and remarked if I remember correctly that the rod was a little tip heavy, and heavy for a rod of it’s size. Well my fears are gone and I can tell you it’s light, feels crisp, looks fantastic and obviously reviews will wait until I get her out on the water. Enjoy a few snap shots below.
Closeup.JPG
Sweetcombo copy.JPG
DSC_2163 copy 3.JPG
DSC_2144 copy 2.JPG
Below.JPG
Thanks for looking.
Wow :shock: Now that's how you make black and red look sexy 8-). Awesome =D>

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:00 am

Great review! Makes complete sense to me. Thanks for the info!!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 am

Oh my....that is a drop dead hot combo!!! =D> =D> =D>

targaboy175
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by targaboy175 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:38 am

very nice =D>

Stockinger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Stockinger » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 am

@lpquick
curious to know which combo earning a 5stars rating is? :whistle: :P

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:34 am

Stockinger wrote:@lpquick
curious to know which combo earning a 5stars rating is? :whistle: :P
Ha nice a loaded question but sincere and in all fairness a good one. I will say nothing is perfect so that illusion of 5 stars is the constant search for amazement in all aspects. After all is said and done if you can truly look at something and say to yourself it can’t be improved upon you have attained nirvana (***** stars)! :thinking: :evil22:

basssobron
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basssobron » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:31 am

Stunnig! Great combo sir

thaos95
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by thaos95 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:34 am

Looking good!