All Over But The Cryin'

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

All Over But The Cryin'

Post by SouthArkFishin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:29 pm

I bought these bad boys here, along with all the trimmings, a month or so ago intending to send them off to be painted. Now, two new rods and two reels short later I decided to fix em up myself. We fish a lot of translucent hard baits anyway and I figured I could handle some minor color accents with a clear coat and possibly a smidge of glitter. Some of y'all may recognize these, but for those that don't they're from Predator Bass Baits and they're all MB knockoffs of one flavor or another. Some may not agree and that's ok. The first time I heard about em I didn't want anything to do with them. Then I found out they had a bigger version of the Griffon. Thirty bucks or so later I had eight baits and all the fixings. I'm good with it cos MB still gets most of my bait funds anyway and I get a bigger Griffon to play with. I got em out this evening and started rigging them up. Stopped halfway thru and ran to Walmart to grab some paint pens or something. Something turned out to be me standing in line at Wally World at 9:00pm on a Sunday with a bunch of fingernail polish. Fishin'... Anyway I finished putting them together and now, in homage to all the spray painted water towers and overpasses from Dallas to Savannah, I'm gonna break out the nail polish and beautify these suckers redneck style.
image.jpg
image.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 4843 times

daiwa lunatic
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: All Over But The Cryin'

Post by daiwa lunatic » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Would love to see your finished product, who knows you might come up with something nice custom painting those guys.

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:21 am

daiwa lunatic wrote:Would love to see your finished product, who knows you might come up with something nice custom painting those guys.
Well, let's just say I ain't quittin' my day job. I painted two of em last night and I'm definitely not posting the first one. I need a few more colors before I do any more.
image.jpg
image.jpg (57.56 KiB) Viewed 4754 times

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:55 pm

yea no bad, but nail polish is def not the way to go...

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:57 am

Nitroman77 wrote:yea no bad, but nail polish is def not the way to go...
Oh I know, but I just didn't care. I can always get more blanks. It was my day off, we couldn't go fishing and nail polish was my only option besides buying a bunch of craft paint that probably wouldn't have been any better and would've definitely made for a lot more of a hassle. It kept me occupied for several hours, cost me $5, and I got to sit right here in my easy chair working off a cardboard box in my lap the whole time. I've got a buddy that has an airbrush rig and if he can get it working I'll buy the stuff and do it the right way.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:54 pm

SouthArkFishin wrote:
Oh I know, but I just didn't care. I can always get more blanks. It was my day off, we couldn't go fishing and nail polish was my only option besides buying a bunch of craft paint that probably wouldn't have been any better and would've definitely made for a lot more of a hassle. It kept me occupied for several hours, cost me $5, and I got to sit right here in my easy chair working off a cardboard box in my lap the whole time. I've got a buddy that has an airbrush rig and if he can get it working I'll buy the stuff and do it the right way.
And if the fish don't like it you can always remove the hooks and give it to your daughter to add to her Barbie doll collection. :big grin:

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:10 pm

SouthArkFishin wrote:
daiwa lunatic wrote:Would love to see your finished product, who knows you might come up with something nice custom painting those guys.
Well, let's just say I ain't quittin' my day job. I painted two of em last night and I'm definitely not posting the first one. I need a few more colors before I do any more.
image.jpg
I would be shocked if that doesn't catch fish when they are active and hitting cranks.

DaveJ

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Bassmar wrote:
SouthArkFishin wrote:
And if the fish don't like it you can always remove the hooks and give it to your daughter to add to her Barbie doll collection. :big grin:
My daughter won't fish anything but JDM... :lol:

And yeah I hope it'll catch a few fish. I wish I hadn't put quite as much glitter on it, but out in the natural light it doesn't look too bad considering what it is. It's still plenty translucent. Not the best time of year for it but gonna try and go throw a couple of em later today so I'll at least get to see if they run true. Might get something with the 100+1 tho.

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 pm

GP Pro Blue 2 who? :big grin: Rainy, wind 10-15, whitecaps. First cast with the knockoff 110+1. Twitch, twitch...Pause...Twitch, twi- Bam! It was also the first fish on my new GTZ so I was kinda psyched. It ain't a green fish, but they weren't biting. He was nice for a white, about 3lbs. We ended up with a good mess of em.
image.jpg
image.jpg (54.07 KiB) Viewed 4369 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Those are fun to catch at that size and some really fine table fare, to boot. =D>

SouthArkFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SouthArkFishin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:36 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Those are fun to catch at that size and some really fine table fare, to boot. =D>
Yeah, they really are a blast, especially on a 4 power rod. They fight like the devil. You can have a lotta fun if you get on some that are blowing up on top. We love eatin' em too. A lotta guys around here say they're trash. As long as you cut out that red strip of meat you can fry em up and serve em side by side with green fish and you can't tell any difference.