My First JDM Reel! (5/3 Update)

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

My First JDM Reel! (5/3 Update)

Post by Sonicx360 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:41 am

After finally getting a job on last August and saving my cash for almost 5 months, turning 19 comes my first JDM/super high-end reel:
Shimano Conquest DC 100 box.jpg
Shimano Conquest DC 100 box.jpg (50.11 KiB) Viewed 8825 times
Shimano Conquest DC 100 unboxed.jpg
Shimano Conquest DC 100 unboxed.jpg (52.37 KiB) Viewed 8825 times
Are you kidding me? :shock: A Shimano Conquest DC 100 as my 19th birthday present? =P~ I thought I couldn't afford this exquisite piece of art until now!

Anyhow, I'm beyond stoked to eventually put this beauty to the test when ice melts around my area - south central PA - planning to pursue whatever smokes the reel. Even so, I'm enthralled by how marvelously crafted this reel is, from the DC+ brake to the audible click adjustments, the latter of which are seldom found in round baitcasters. After reading numerous anglers' experience with the DC+, I now feel even more confident to lob lures as light as 1/8 oz. with a baitcaster, something which I hesitated practicing with my bigger, brawnier BPS Johnny Morris Elite. Therefore, I'll spool this reel with some 10-lb. test Seaguar Senshi, which shares the diameter of an 8-lb. test Berkley Trilene XL, and use it primarily for finesse techniques.

Overall, with all my heart, I thank you guys for firing up the dark side within me, assisting me with your tips and techniques, and, most importantly, resuscitating my faith in fishing. You have made me the angler I'm today, especially by introducing me into high end gears. :D
Last edited by Sonicx360 on Sun May 03, 2015 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Look What I Received for my Birthday!

Post by mhood » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:48 am

You've got a good one there. A certain Dark Lord once told me "A Conquest DC101 does everything well." You'll find that out when the ice melts.

=D>

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Look What I Received for my Birthday!

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:55 am

Is that a steam iron or handheld vacuum I see?

Awesome reel, I have not had the pleasure of hearing the whine of a DC unit. Post the first fish when it happens.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Look At What I Received for my Birthday!

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:42 pm

That is awesome

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 pm

\
Last edited by Bootytrain on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Great work and kudos for putting out the sweat and effort to procure such a timeless classic. I owned and truly enjoyed the 1st Gen USDM CT 100DC and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Congrats!

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm

The 100 DC is one outstanding reel. As stated prior, "the reel does everything well". You are going to love fishing it. Congrats. =D>

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:51 am

Congrats..!!!!

Work hard , save and than purchase.. Enjoy one of the best casting systems out there... I've heard the DC system makes a difference.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 am

Nice birthday present young man, should last you a life time. =D>

TheRichInc
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TheRichInc » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 am

Nice

Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sonicx360 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Again, can't thank you enough for all of your compliments and support, guys! Given my long inactivity here on TT Forum, I'm quite honored to be welcomed back with your replies as well. 8-)

To justify my last year's inactivity, I was on my senior year in high school, which was one of the most decisive turning points in my life. SATs; college search, essays, and applications; senior project; and graduation were gravely critical for my academic future, triggering my feeling of apprehension whether that year would either make or brake me not only as a student, but also an individual. Along with them, I also had to finish a character collage for my artistically creative friends before exiting high school. Therefore, I didn't have sufficient time to chat with you guys here, but worry not, fishing still remained in my blood, mind, and heart, especially as a motivation to persevere and preserve my profound, effective work ethics which have enriched my character today. Rigorous or not, my high school senior year has motivated me to escape my comfort zone if I seriously want to grasp my goals, and that tougher challenges may yield better rewards.

Fishing is one of the driving forces that never fails to keep me alive, and Tackle Tour and its staff and supporters will always preserve my character-enriching passion with humor, knowledge, and wisdom.

Since I needed to maintain my zeal for the sport, I spent as much free time as I had on fishing. So here are some of my most memorable catches, shots, and acquirement from 2014 (to compensate my inactivity):
First Muskie ever! Not a monster, but still a Muskie!

A Smallmouth catch compensating the loss of my potential first Flathead Catfish.

Post-HS graduation catch!

My biggest catch on a Pop Max! Can't ever forget the explosion!

This is why you and I can't leave spinnerbaits at home, as this fall football thought my 1/2 chart. War Eagle w/ chart. LFT LMS was an easy meal.

A shot too artistic to overlook, no matter how high-end the gear is.

Acquiring lures may be fun, but not as much as fishing them. Come on, spring!

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 pm

You should give us your thoughts on performance after you get to fish it.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:36 am

USA-RET wrote:The 100 DC is one outstanding reel. As stated prior, "the reel does everything well". You are going to love fishing it. Congrats. =D>
Indeed...a little slow for plastics and jigs, etc., but for pitching and flipping it is fine.
goldrod wrote:Congrats..!!!!

Work hard , save and than purchase.. Enjoy one of the best casting systems out there... I've heard the DC system makes a difference.
DC makes a huge difference...but don't forget the opposable member that must still be used with it. DC is a not 100% perfect but is very forgiving.

JoeyBones
Angler
Angler

Post by JoeyBones » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:48 am

Those are some nice PA smallies!

Well done; nice reel!

Regards,

Bones

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:10 am

Very nicely done young man! Congrats to you!