Did I score?

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Did I score?

Post by uljersey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:38 am

jcool3 wrote:
romans wrote:Yeah, I had a rod shipped to me once in similar fashion. I did not have the same results however. The fears are well founded.
was that also thru amazon? did you have to ship the rod back? Many of those companies selling Major Craft also sell
everything under the sun ... one wonders whether they know how to pack a fishing rod for shipping.
It's not just Amazon ... I had a Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner that I bought through BPS shipped to me in one of these ...

It was drop shipped that way from Fenwick. Not everyone packs rods like TW does.

sahil
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by sahil » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:16 pm

nice bro! =D>

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:03 pm

I had a Megabass Rod shipped from Japan in one of those triangle boxes (arrived undamaged). Makes one wonder if maybe some of the rod damage we see when rods are shipped in round tubes isn't done by a crazed handler frustrated with the rolling around tubes tend to do where a angular box doesn't. There are horror stories of warehouse guys using the tubes as Javelins late at night to pass the time. Who knows. :-k :lol:

wvbassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wvbassin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:00 am

I work for FedEx and I can say it is both raged employees and awful stack jobs. Most of the employees don't care to stack a truck or can the right way. Everytime I see a rod tube from TW coming down the line, I make sure to pack it properly so nothing can damage it. Most of the time damage occurs in the truck though, from bad stacking.