Life is but a dream

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Life is but a dream

Post by Rippin-lips » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:06 am

J dream/perfect pitch combo for the heavier stuff.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Life is but a dream

Post by BigG » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:27 am

Nice combo, JDreams are the best of the Zillions. :D

even26
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by even26 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:18 pm

That's what dreams are made of. =D>

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:19 pm

dreams do come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:13 am

Very nice. What's the difference between the JDream and the HLC? (my personal favorite)

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 am

Other than cosmetics it's the spool. J dream has the lightest spool of all the zillions. I think it's 14g with everything.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:52 am

Cool looking combo! Wish I have that famous Zillion J Dream.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:04 am

=D> =D> =D>

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:10 am

I have never been able to find a mint J-Dream at a price that I wanted to pay. :crying: I almost bought a Megabass IP last year, but I was patient enough to wait for the new SV spool reels which give me less reason to buy the J-Dream or IP over the USDM Zillion that I own so many of. I think I'll keep looking for fun though. I really like the clean and simple looks of the J-Dream.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 pm

toddmc wrote:I have never been able to find a mint J-Dream at a price that I wanted to pay. :crying: I almost bought a Megabass IP last year, but I was patient enough to wait for the new SV spool reels which give me less reason to buy the J-Dream or IP over the USDM Zillion that I own so many of. I think I'll keep looking for fun though. I really like the clean and simple looks of the J-Dream.
J Dreams and IPs are basically the same reel besides the cosmetics. I believe the spool is the same too.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:15 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
toddmc wrote:I have never been able to find a mint J-Dream at a price that I wanted to pay. :crying: I almost bought a Megabass IP last year, but I was patient enough to wait for the new SV spool reels which give me less reason to buy the J-Dream or IP over the USDM Zillion that I own so many of. I think I'll keep looking for fun though. I really like the clean and simple looks of the J-Dream.
J Dreams and IPs are basically the same reel besides the cosmetics. I believe the spool is the same too.
Yes but the j-dream and ip spools are lighter and more versitile than the standard zillion. That is why they are more desirable for most.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:21 am

toddmc wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Yes but the j-dream and ip spools are lighter and more versitile than the standard zillion. That is why they are more desirable for most.
The main gears and pinion are different on the IP VS J-dream.

Nice combo Adam, always liked how the J matches up nicely with the XX accents. =D>

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:29 pm

389Maverick wrote:
toddmc wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:

Nice combo Adam, always liked how the J matches up nicely with the XX accents. =D>
Could you elaborate on the gear differences?

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:34 am

Cracker wrote:Cool looking combo! Wish I have that famous Zillion J Dream.
I've got like Seven now - once you pop you just can't stop! Best reel out there

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 am

Tigerbass wrote:
389Maverick wrote:
toddmc wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:

Could you elaborate on the gear differences?
The Megabass IP comes in 6.8 and 7.9 ratios. The J-Dream came in 5.3, 6.3, and 7.9 ratios. The Zillion came in 4.9, 6.3, and 7.3 ratios. The Zillion PE came in a 6.3 and also a 7.9 special Japan model. The SV103 comes in 6.3 and 7.9. I don't know if any have gears that are not brass.