I GOTTA HAVE IT

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
poker_lamina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

I GOTTA HAVE IT

Post by poker_lamina » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:46 pm

MEGABASS XX OROCHI SWINGFIRE / DAIWA ZILLION 6.3 SV TWS

Let's go! :D

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: I GOTTA HAVE IT

Post by Jdmbiggie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:26 pm

them og corks tho!!!!! sweet tea :D

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 am

Looks amazing! Great choices. =D>

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:34 am

Whats the swingfire like?

poker_lamina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by poker_lamina » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:10 am

bassm1n wrote:Whats the swingfire like?
I just got it and had the chance to throw a 1/2 oz red eye shad and s-crank 1.2 on it for about an hour at the river. The swingfire is strong, comfortable, sensitive, and light. I even tied on a zoom tube with a 3/0 offset ewg hook and pitched it with accuracy at lay downs and dock. The sweet spot is at half oz lures, rod loads and tosses crankbaits far, even roll casts are awesome. I can say that it will be my dedicated rod for shallow techniques. It's like my Dobyns 705CB glass but more sensitive, more parabolic action, and more lighter. I will use the Dobyns for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits from now on.
The reel itself awesome as hell. I have to say Daiwa got it right this time around. The ergos on the Zillion fits my palming style very well because I like to put my left thumb in the middle of the frame and my left forefinger around the nose plate. I had to swap out the handle to the Steez EX 100 mm with Daiwa OG corks with 4 bearings. I also upgraded the wormgear shaft with 2 bearings (1 on each side). The TWS X SV spool delivers as promised Stress-free versatile " No thumbing" and beware..THE ZILLION SV TWS IS VERY ADDICTIVE. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 am

poker_lamina wrote:
I just got it and had the chance to throw a 1/2 oz red eye shad and s-crank 1.2 on it for about an hour at the river. The swingfire is strong, comfortable, sensitive, and light. I even tied on a zoom tube with a 3/0 offset ewg hook and pitched it with accuracy at lay downs and dock. The sweet spot is at half oz lures, rod loads and tosses crankbaits far, even roll casts are awesome. I can say that it will be my dedicated rod for shallow techniques. It's like my Dobyns 705CB glass but more sensitive, more parabolic action, and more lighter. I will use the Dobyns for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits from now on.
The reel itself awesome as hell. I have to say Daiwa got it right this time around. The ergos on the Zillion fits my palming style very well because I like to put my left thumb in the middle of the frame and my left forefinger around the nose plate. I had to swap out the handle to the Steez EX 100 mm with Daiwa OG corks with 4 bearings. I also upgraded the wormgear shaft with 2 bearings (1 on each side). The TWS X SV spool delivers as promised Stress-free versatile " No thumbing" and beware..THE ZILLION SV TWS IS VERY ADDICTIVE. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Was is me or is the Zillion SV the quietest reel when casting? It barely makes a sound

poker_lamina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by poker_lamina » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:59 am

ccass wrote:
poker_lamina wrote:
Was is me or is the Zillion SV the quietest reel when casting? It barely makes a sound
Yes I agree and I think the stock spool bearings are SLP Works bearings.

jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jtgibso1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:55 pm

sweet combo!!