Video-Skipping for Bass and some old school rock

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Video-Skipping for Bass and some old school rock

Post by LowRange » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:27 am

I like the camera angle. What are you using for a reel, rod and bait?

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Black Haze » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:00 am

LowRange wrote:I like the camera angle. What are you using for a reel, rod and bait?
Most of the time its a NRX 894, 1/2oz Arky head jig or a 1/2 Arky head with a hula grub or a fat IKA, and a Steez sv or a a Alphas SV , 16-20 fluoro most of time

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 am

I had a feeling an SV was behind those beautiful skips.

MINES
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MINES » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:20 am

i need to practice skipping for next season....

Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Ham Solo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:57 am

I like the vid and tune! Well done! =D>
MINES wrote:i need to practice skipping for next season....
I need to practice my pitch-skipping. The SV spools make it a lot easier, but I only pull it off successfully about 25% of the time. :lol:

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:30 am

Those are some nice skips! Thanks for sharing the video

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:25 am

Nice skips bud!
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:07 am

Culverts are fun to fish. I wish that our lakes in Socal had more of them. Culverts always seem to hold fish and a well placed cast that produces makes you feel like an accomplished angler.
The worst part about the lakes we have in the area is that most also have few or no docks. I feel like I am in heaven when I fish Clear Lake (lots of docks).
My 8.1 ratio Steez SV with the Ika is a combo that is hard to put down because it is so efficient and fun to fish.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:08 am

toddmc wrote:Culverts are fun to fish. I wish that our lakes in Socal had more of them. Culverts always seem to hold fish and a well placed cast that produces makes you feel like an accomplished angler.
The worst part about the lakes we have in the area is that most also have few or no docks. I feel like I am in heaven when I fish Clear Lake (lots of docks).
My 8.1 ratio Steez SV with the Ika is a combo that is hard to put down because it is so efficient and fun to fish.
Same here, very little docks on most lakes I fish and most of the docks that are out there are floating so you cant skip them. I'll fish an entire shoreline of docks without a bite just to have fun skipping em!
I like TD-Z's

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 am

I'm going to spend a week skipping docks this may. Can't wait.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:11 am

LowRange wrote:I'm going to spend a week skipping docks this may. Can't wait.

It should be nice in May. You can probably skip hockey pucks on it right now. :lol:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:17 am

Teal101 wrote:
toddmc wrote:Culverts are fun to fish. I wish that our lakes in Socal had more of them. Culverts always seem to hold fish and a well placed cast that produces makes you feel like an accomplished angler.
Same here, very little docks on most lakes I fish and most of the docks that are out there are floating so you cant skip them. I'll fish an entire shoreline of docks without a bite just to have fun skipping em!
I bet that Clear Lake isn't any longer of a drive for you than my 11.5 hours Ryan. If you haven't fished it, I would put it on the to do list. The hardest decision is whether to fish for giants in the spring or numbers with an occasional giant in the summer.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:13 am

toddmc wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
I bet that Clear Lake isn't any longer of a drive for you than my 11.5 hours Ryan. If you haven't fished it, I would put it on the to do list. The hardest decision is whether to fish for giants in the spring or numbers with an occasional giant in the summer.
13hrs for me. Its on the list as well as the delta in Cali. Was lucky enough to check off Okeechobee this year even if it was a poor day of fishing.
I like TD-Z's

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:44 am

toddmc wrote: It should be nice in May. You can probably skip hockey pucks on it right now. :lol:
Hey, she ain't froze yet!