Catching up Aug/Sep 2016 Bass/Laker Report(PIC HEAVY!)Pt-1

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Catching up Aug/Sep 2016 Bass/Laker Report(PIC HEAVY!)Pt-1

Post by MTBF » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Good morning guys! This summer was a busy one for me and over the last 4 or 5 month's I have not been active on the board. Believe it or not staying away has kept the tackle monkey off my back a little :lol: now that winter is here I am missing my TT friends and the cool posts every day, now however we have purchased another reel and are back on tackle monkey track and are looking to add in another rod or two for 2017. Let's get onto "catching up" from 2016 I covered my trip in June now let's flashback to August and September.

I took a week off in June for our opening week and that was a wicked trip. I won't post pics again from that holiday but what I didn't share were pictures from my next two vacations in August and September. We took 1 week off for each trip. August was tough as hell, we had temps every morning starting at 24-28 degrees with a feels like (due to humidity) of 30 as the sun same up. The afternoons for that week were anywhere from 30-36 with "feels like" temps right around 40 that's right about at 100 fahrenheit. Water temps that week were 80 to 89 for the most part something I've never fished here in Ontario.

We had our challenges that week but the primary producer was a small craw texas rigged and worked slow through pads and shallow vegetation and my second player was the 3/4 and 1oz flipping jigs. The best bite was a deep jig bite, stroking the jig aggressively they wanted that snap off the weed then the slow fall back down. Fished from 7ft to 16ft deep. On with some pictures!

Start of the trip first day in the "hot" water.
Chunk no giant but first good bite after a hour or two.

Now we find a kicker up in 2ft of stained water. Repeat the trent and almost skunk out for the rest of the afternoon. Random big girl back to fishing deep after this.

The next day Dad and I fish shallow cover again with little to no fish so I bounced back to deep weedlines again. Let me stress that the lakes were so different this year. We had a 2ft drop in water levels and were loosing a 1cm per day on our system. That falling water couldn't of helped as well as the current in this system of connecting lakes was almost non existent with water statement in areas. Can't wait for high water and normal temps again but we embraced the challenge.

Here is dad with his biggest of the summer dragging that 10" Ribbon Hinge Worm around.

Finally found a school of deeper bass. I was sitting in 7-9ft and was pitching down hill to 10-16FOW. Was a cool bite with majority of the fish in the higher 2lb range. Did find one kicker after 8 bites from chunks.

Piggy time

Got to love that jig bite

Shallow fish from matted cover the next day. 3lbr nice to have him. If i went out for 4-5 hours I was expecting 1-2 bites a hour. Was slow but with the heat had the lake to myself most afternoons as people stayed in there air conditioned trailers and cottages

Another evening another high 3 on that jig. One bite deep but was well worth the hour moving around on the weedline. Tore it up the day before :P

Next day we head to steep rock walls in search for more and bigger fish. Got a brown one then a fat chunk largie again. Smallie was a riot only one of the week on a jig.

Another nice largemouth from deeper pads

Only morning I got a decent smallie on the jerk bait. Lot's of smaller ones guess temps were too warm for the big girls to swim up from that 20-30 FOW

Last day I had fun as I always try to. Caught a few good fish this week lived the heat to tell the tale and was happy with myself for learning deeper weed. Last fish of the trip was around 3 or 4pm on Friday. I was going down a new shore mostly rock with a long tree angled off the rock every 75-100'. Dept was 6-12' at the base of the shoreline rock. First tree I am slowly pitching my way towards. We get closer and closer and throw out to where I can picture the tree ending in the water and my line jumps. Reel down set the hook and another fish so close to 5lb's was in the boat.

I took a few pics and let her go. Saw another few trees down the stretch but said hell with it and went back for dinner and to enjoy the evening. Can't wait to pound that crap next summer!

Setups
Jig Rod (3/4-1oz Jig's)
G.Loomis NRX895C JWR/Shimano Aldebaran 50HG
Sunline 22lb Flipping FC
The Perfect Jig 3/4oz-1oz (Stand-Up)/PowerTeam Lures 3.5" Texas-Rig Jig (Skirt is Cut off)

Plastics Rod (3/8-1/2oz)
G.Loomis NRX873C CRR/Shimano Aldebaran 50HG
Sunline 22lb Flipping FC
PowerTeam Lures 3.5" Texas-Rig Jig (3/8oz-1/2oz Tungsten)

Punching Rod (3/4-1-1/4oz)
G.Loomis NRX916C UBR/Shimano Chronarch 100D7
Sunline 60lb FX2 Braid
PowerTeam Lures 3.5" Texas-Rig Jig (3/4oz-1-1/4oz Tungsten)

YouTube Edit
https://youtu.be/qXpy2QMia6k
Thanks for reading and looking guys! Can't wait to see what 2017 has to offer. Stay tuned my report from September was a blast!

Tightlines,

MTBF
mtfishing IG

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Catching up Aug/Sep 2016 Bass/Laker Report(PIC HEAVY!)Pt-1

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Awesome report. Loved it!! Best of luck 2017.
PEACE

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:09 pm

Awesome trip! Well done man

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Obz wrote:Awesome trip! Well done man
GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:Awesome report. Loved it!! Best of luck 2017.
Thanks guys appreciate the comments! Can't wait for summer to roll on thru up here! Good luck to both of you as well!
mtfishing IG

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:17 am

Im going to pour me a big glass of hateraid right now, LOl

Nice catches =D>

MINES
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MINES » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:38 am

Looking at these pictures I'm missing open water..... just 2 1/2 more months of winter....

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 am

MINES wrote:Looking at these pictures I'm missing open water..... just 2 1/2 more months of winter....
Me too... ](*,) :crying:

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 am

Great catch up! The recap, pics, stories, and gear was all well done! Nice to see another one addicted to the jig. :D

Hooked_On_Bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Hooked_On_Bass » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 am

Great fish, and gear!

Thanks for sharing.

BronzebackFanatic
Angler
Angler

Post by BronzebackFanatic » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:52 am

Looks like you had a good year! Nice gear, and nice fish!

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 pm

BronzebackFanatic wrote:Looks like you had a good year! Nice gear, and nice fish!
The year was good indeed. Got away for 3 weeks, aiming for 4 weeks off in 2017!
Hooked_On_Bass wrote:Great fish, and gear!
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for posting!
Fishing4Fun wrote:Great catch up! The recap, pics, stories, and gear was all well done! Nice to see another one addicted to the jig. :D
The jig and stand alone plastic if honestly my favourite way to fish, we are going to go out and find big fish and when that doesn't work a small flurry of 2-3lbr's are always possible. Wish I was more consistent if I were to "livewell" them usually my better day's for 5 fish are 15-16lbs. My goal is that 4lb+ every day in 2017!
MINES wrote:Looking at these pictures I'm missing open water..... just 2 1/2 more months of winter....
ayo8 wrote:Im going to pour me a big glass of hateraid right now, LOl Nice catches =D>
Sorry guys :lol: Had to make this report up was too much fun looking back at the pics and video :D

Thanks again for the comments guys!

MTBF
mtfishing IG

MINES
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MINES » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 am

Hope to have as much fun when open water 2017 hits!!!!

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Great posts, those are some beautiful fish!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.