NEW Reel Cranking Upgrade

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

NEW Reel Cranking Upgrade

Post by MTBF » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 am

Good morning guys! It's been awhile since purchasing anything cool gear wise and recently I found that dam gear monkey on my back once again. Looks like this fall/winter well be upgrading reels, upgrading rods and changing half of our personal bass lineup. We have our eye on a couple of the new G.Loomis/Shimano Conquest 7'6's as well as another Metanium MGL or two, possibly some Curado K 200XG's and who knows what else.

First upgrade was retiring the Curado I 200PG, we ran Calcutta Conquest's in the past sold them to purchase Helix 7's for the boat and now we are gonna put the Shimano Antares 100 thru it's paces in 2018. DeepX-150/300 and the Deep-Six are my 3 bait's this combo will fish. Love the G.Loomis CBR958C DD it's too bad they were discontinued, enjoy the pics.

Tightlines guys! Well post the reel lineup in the coming weeks,

MTBF 8-)
mtfishing IG

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: NEW Reel Cranking Upgrade

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am

Coming from a Daiwa fan, the Antares is awesome for deep cranking. Smooth, powerful and casts a mile.

Some think it's big but, I really like it for palming...unless it's 30 degrees out.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

MINES
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MINES » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm

looks nice... always was a fan of all shimano shiny calais/antares/scorpions...

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 pm

That reel is something else! Very jealous

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:59 am

Obz wrote:That reel is something else! Very jealous
Beyond excited can't wait to fish it. Little bigger than Calcutta Conquest 100's that I fished prior but has a sleek feel and palms nicely. Should be fun with those 1/2-7/8oz plug's I plan on throwing.
mtfishing IG

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am

nice.. never got an antares, prefer conquests. Hope we get a refresh with the smaller frames in the future.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:20 am

cndbasshunter wrote:nice.. never got an antares, prefer conquests. Hope we get a refresh with the smaller frames in the future.
I've fished both. I like the Antares for 1/2oz and above. The Conquest can cast surprisingly light stuff. I just can't STAND how I palm the Conquest. I use like a claw grip and I put my pointer finger around the front of the reel. The line guide gets in my way and flat front has no where to contour my finger.

I did like the performance of the reel though. A little underwhelming for distance (side by side with an Antares).
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing