The Ryoga 1016H

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

The Ryoga 1016H

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:36 am

This is the oldest reel in my collection and has a few knocks to it. Custom painted mat black , t3 1016 spool with orange seal abec 7 ceramic hybrid spool bearings, painted thumbar, red slp drag star, and 100mm alloy handle and rcs pwr hi grip knobs, going to add a 95mm slp carbon handle to this one as well.
Attachments
IMAG2597_crop_690x508-517x381.jpg
IMAG2597_crop_690x508-517x381.jpg (42.98 KiB) Viewed 5569 times

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: The Ryoga 1016H

Post by wirinhar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 pm

I was lucky enough to get one last month or 2 months ago (from the last production) and It is just a great round reel imvho.

I will be putting either red RCS1012 or the zillion SV spool.

WW

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:19 pm

This one has had a hard life, got it cheap initially as it was well and truly scratched up. had it painted and rebuilt the reels internals so like new. getting a bit knocked around now from lots of use. It has even been to the bottom of the bay in 8 metres of salt water, got ripped out of my hands on the strike towards the end of a big session on golden snapper and hands were starting to get sore. luckily it must of been a shark that grabbed the line and after half an hour dragging the bottom with another line with a heavy sinker and treble hook I snagged the line and got it back to the boat. it was directly below the boat.
Its the oldest reel in my line up and don't think I will ever part with it.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:39 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:This one has had a hard life, got it cheap initially as it was well and truly scratched up. had it painted and rebuilt the reels internals so like new. getting a bit knocked around now from lots of use. It has even been to the bottom of the bay in 8 metres of salt water, got ripped out of my hands on the strike towards the end of a big session on golden snapper and hands were starting to get sore. luckily it must of been a shark that grabbed the line and after half an hour dragging the bottom with another line with a heavy sinker and treble hook I snagged the line and got it back to the boat. it was directly below the boat.
Its the oldest reel in my line up and don't think I will ever part with it.
Crazy story. Must have needed a tear down and good cleaning.