Nice surprise

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Blacktail 8541
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Nice surprise

Post by Blacktail 8541 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 pm

I store all my reel boxes in a big tote in my shop up in the loft.
But this evening I was going through my reel boxes to check the gear ratio on one of my reels and picked up my Curado D 300 DSV box and it felt heavy? The reel is on my Dobyns swim bait rod, so I opened it up and found a new Curado D 200 DSV! :-\
I didn't remember having it, and why it would have been in the wrong box. This is a surprise I like as I have a G Loomis IMX swim bait rod that needed a reel!

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Nice surprise

Post by Craigthor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 pm

How many reels does it take before you find reels you didn’t know you had? :lol:

Blacktail 8541
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Blacktail 8541 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Craigthor wrote:How many reels does it take before you find reels you didn’t know you had? :lol:
Not many if you can't remember what you had for dinner last night! :lol:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 am

Rules man, rules......pictures or it didn't happen, I call shenanigans :lol:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 am

Blacktail 8541 wrote:
Craigthor wrote:How many reels does it take before you find reels you didn’t know you had? :lol:
I didn't want to go for the age jugular, but you did it for us. :) I am super particular about my reels. They get fished for many years. I generally don't forget that I have those. But I've got decades of custom rods in my closets around the house that I forget that I have because my 19 foot boat only holds about 12 rods comfortably with a hold holder installed in the storage locker. There are many technique specific rods that I own that don't make it out very often. I came across a rod about a week ago that I forgot that I had. I would like to get rid of a few rods because I am not a hoarder, but most have my name on them.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

toddmc wrote: I would like to get rid of a few rods because I am not a hoarder...

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
toddmc wrote: I would like to get rid of a few rods because I am not a hoarder...
So, you are saying that I have to do a "yellow card sale" in the classifieds for a few rods :D . I also have a bunch of unused rods in plastic that I have won in tournaments. It's bad enough that my wife says that I have too many rods. I'm afraid to concede any space to my wife because she has the evil intention of creating a "gift wrapping room". ](*,)

Blacktail 8541
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Blacktail 8541 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Cristo wrote:Rules man, rules......pictures or it didn't happen, I call shenanigans :lol:
Man, every one knows what a curado D looks like! #-o :big grin:

Blacktail 8541
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Blacktail 8541 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm

toddmc wrote:
Blacktail 8541 wrote:
I didn't want to go for the age jugular, but you did it for us. :) I am super particular about my reels. They get fished for many years. I generally don't forget that I have those. But I've got decades of custom rods in my closets around the house that I forget that I have because my 19 foot boat only holds about 12 rods comfortably with a hold holder installed in the storage locker. There are many technique specific rods that I own that don't make it out very often. I came across a rod about a week ago that I forgot that I had. I would like to get rid of a few rods because I am not a hoarder, but most have my name on them.
I have a few rods that I would not mind up-grading or just selling. Bought them to try out a specific technique and do not fish them enough to justify the space they take up. Just hate to loose the dollars for as new rods that may have only saw the water once or twice!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Cool stories :|

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Cristo wrote:Cool stories :|

I'm not willing to leave work just to go home and take pictures that I can't even view because of the firewall at work! ;) Besides, you might be looking to rob me! :big grin:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Back in the summer, I found 4 nib TD Sol's in a closet. They had been there at least 5 yrs lol!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Back in the summer, I found 4 nib TD Sol's in a closet. They had been there at least 5 yrs lol!
Apparently you buy your reels by the dozen. :lol:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:00 pm

toddmc wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:Back in the summer, I found 4 nib TD Sol's in a closet. They had been there at least 5 yrs lol!
Apparently you buy your reels by the dozen. :lol:
Got 6 at the same time, set those 4 aside and just forgot about them. Found them when I was cleaning out the closet.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:29 pm

And you still won’t sell me just one... :crying: :lol:
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT