Valkyries

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Valkyries

Post by LowRange » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:20 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm
LowRange wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:14 pm
Experimenting with the aliexpress gills as chatterbait trailers once they get beat up. These aren't much of a better value over the real deal but just like that orange belly color that only these come in. Throwing the 5.1 on a 1/2 oz Break Blade which has got to push the upper limit of the MH Valkaryie but it has handled it like a champ so far. It was a softer tip rod than what I was used to at 1st but have grown to love it. These glass composite sticks are really special. They don't actually feel like a stiff tip moderate dumb glass sticks like you would think. They have fast graphite rod like tapers that give under load yet are deceptively powerful. I can't explain. It's the megabass x factor you sometimes get with their really special rods. The MH is one of them. They all might be that way. The only other one I have is the XXH and I haven't had much time on it to formulate an opinion. I came off the Huyga H to the MH Valkaryie and thought the Valkaryie was too soft and overloaded casting chatterbaits but I just to adjust to it coming from a lot of mag heavy stick use.

I throw traps and chatter baits with the heavy
What’s your take on the medhvy as a dedicated square bill rod ..?
I've thrown some 3/4 oz cranks on it today with 14# flouro. A BPS Weed Tracker and The Egg. The rod cast them very well with good distance and accuracy. These baits were at the upper sweet spot range but did great. Not sure how it casts 3/8 oz yet but 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz squarebills are golden. Stuck a few fish and they stayed pinned and some were barely hooked. The rod appears to be as good a square bill stick as it is a chattebait stick. Might be better. I'm planning on a 2nd chattebait stick just so I can free up the MH Valkaryie for squarebill and lipless use. Also while the rod can handle that big chattebait ams trailer I prefer to throw it on my Hyuga 72H. Ripping that bait out of grass is just easier on the Hyuga. The MH Valkaryie throws it ans sticks fish though.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Valkyries

Post by Cristo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Just wanted to drop in a state my opinion on all things Valkyrie....