TDZ 100M and SV Light

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Post Reply
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:09 am

just getting back from work.. got some messages in my inbox that i will get to this weekend.

here are some things I came home to and have been toying with
Attachments
0B39F794-21B9-4773-99A6-3AFF3F33C3C7.JPG
0B39F794-21B9-4773-99A6-3AFF3F33C3C7.JPG (127.4 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4979
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:11 am

Where are the SV Light pics?
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:14 am

SV Light
Attachments
949423CF-AD78-4767-A550-45F83D6FD5E7.JPG
949423CF-AD78-4767-A550-45F83D6FD5E7.JPG (122.87 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am

The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by KP Duty » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
I have a slew of edge rods, and the 704 is a standout. When I head out on foot patrol around town and am only taking one rod; that's usually the one.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 am

KP Duty wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 am
goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
I have a slew of edge rods, and the 704 is a standout. When I head out on foot patrol around town and am only taking one rod; that's usually the one.
That 704 has made my blunders not feel so bad.
I paired it with and IS79 and ZPI-M spool with 12lb floro.
The sensitivity of this rod is hands down the single most impressive thing about it. But some of the rod ques stand out to me as well. In using it for bottom contacts baits and in my short time with it , the balance, strength and responsiveness have surpassed what I thought I was getting.
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by poisonokie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 am
KP Duty wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 am
goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
I have a slew of edge rods, and the 704 is a standout. When I head out on foot patrol around town and am only taking one rod; that's usually the one.
That 704 has made my blunders not feel so bad.
I paired it with and IS79 and ZPI-M spool with 12lb floro.
The sensitivity of this rod is hands down the single most impressive thing about it. But some of the rod ques stand out to me as well. In using it for bottom contacts baits and in my short time with it , the balance, strength and responsiveness have surpassed what I thought I was getting.
What are you casting with that M/IS combo? How are you casting it? Does the IS have it's own non-Steez magnet assembly?

I tried that spool with 12# fluoro in a Steez and SS and it was way, way too wild.
This is the way.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am
goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 am
KP Duty wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 am
goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
I have a slew of edge rods, and the 704 is a standout. When I head out on foot patrol around town and am only taking one rod; that's usually the one.


That 704 has made my blunders not feel so bad.
I paired it with and IS79 and ZPI-M spool with 12lb floro.
The sensitivity of this rod is hands down the single most impressive thing about it. But some of the rod ques stand out to me as well. In using it for bottom contacts baits and in my short time with it , the balance, strength and responsiveness have surpassed what I thought I was getting.
What are you casting with that M/IS combo? How are you casting it? Does the IS have it's own non-Steez magnet assembly?

I tried that spool with 12# fluoro in a Steez and SS and it was way, way too wild.
Yes the IS79 has its stock magnets. I’m using sunline FC Sniper
I’m using maybe a 3/16 to 5/16 tungsten
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by poisonokie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am
poisonokie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 am
goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 am
KP Duty wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:48 am
goldrod wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 am
The SV light didn’t stay long had to replace it. The Edge 704 rod lends itself to much more than semi-finesse
I have a slew of edge rods, and the 704 is a standout. When I head out on foot patrol around town and am only taking one rod; that's usually the one.


That 704 has made my blunders not feel so bad.
I paired it with and IS79 and ZPI-M spool with 12lb floro.
The sensitivity of this rod is hands down the single most impressive thing about it. But some of the rod ques stand out to me as well. In using it for bottom contacts baits and in my short time with it , the balance, strength and responsiveness have surpassed what I thought I was getting.
What are you casting with that M/IS combo? How are you casting it? Does the IS have it's own non-Steez magnet assembly?

I tried that spool with 12# fluoro in a Steez and SS and it was way, way too wild.
Yes the IS79 has its stock magnets. I’m using sunline FC Sniper
I’m using maybe a 3/16 to 5/16 tungsten
I mean does it have the same strength magnets as a pre-TWS Steez reel or did Megabass use their own?
This is the way.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:05 am

It’s my understanding that Megabass reels have stronger magnets but I could be wrong.
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3747
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Had a chance to take the SV Light Ltd out on a expride 6’10” rod.
I can honestly say i did not see this reel in my hands for long. I bought it in a whim but was not up to speed on the fact that it has a 32mm spool ( I think I could still be wrong. What I am positive about is that it won’t accept a Steez or Steez variant spool of any sort). So to me it was an obsolete reel that didn’t really have a place with me.
That was until I casted out a jerkbait. But not just normal casting.
I had wind blowing into my face and I was able to cast consistently into the wind. Now I’ve been able to do that with other reels sure enough. But where this reel shines is you get more distance even in the wind than most other reels out there and not having to adjust for lure sizes as most reel need to.
****i was casing old HJ10 from Rapala so this little thing will cast a nat to heaven and back.

I’m utterly impressed
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.
Instagram is @1ncetime

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: NW OKC OK USA

Re: TDZ 100M and SV Light

Post by poisonokie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:42 pm

It's a lot like a ZPI spool in that respect. My mind was similarly blown. I feel like it's a great caster for BFS-Mag Finesse stuff in general but dealing with the wind is definitely where it really shines.

I don't know if the magnets are different from the Steez/SS, but I'm thinking they must be. I haven't tried swapping the spools around with an Alphas Air yet, but it might be worth it to see if they behave similarly.

It is a 32mm spool like all the other Air spools aside from the ASC, which is 31.
This is the way.

Post Reply