A classic rod and a new reel

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:32 am

I was lucky enough to find this rod in decent shape. Although it goes best with my Sol, I found an attractive alternative in the Alphas CT SV 70. Hope you enjoy!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking!

Toku

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:36 am

Match made in heaven!

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by MountainMan 83 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:53 am

Very cool!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 5063
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Nice work, Dave! =D> =D> =D>
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Very nice combo, what finesse baits are you going to use it for?
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:32 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 pm
Very nice combo, what finesse baits are you going to use it for?
Don't know yet. I might try it with a Ned rig first...or maybe a small jig. Any insight?

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5855
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Fantastic =D>

User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by mhood » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm

I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:13 pm

mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
They never made the orange in Lefty. :?

User avatar
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Lake Leon, Texas

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by mhood » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Tokugawa wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:13 pm
mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
They never made the orange in Lefty. :?
How well do you know the Dark Lord and how deep are your pockets?

:big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Tokugawa wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:32 pm
spencerinstl wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 pm
Very nice combo, what finesse baits are you going to use it for?
Don't know yet. I might try it with a Ned rig first...or maybe a small jig. Any insight?
The Pixy Rod works well with open hook baits. I bet the ned rig would work well or a flick shake jig and worm. I have fished a 1/8 oz crappie jig on one before. The rod is too soft to set the hook through plastic or a stiff weed guard.
Last edited by spencerinstl on Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:23 pm

mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
A Sol with a Cosugi Works Spool works pretty good too.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:26 pm

mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Tokugawa wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:13 pm
mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
They never made the orange in Lefty. :?
How well do you know the Dark Lord and how deep are your pockets?

:big grin:
Hmmmm... :-k
spencerinstl wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:23 pm
mhood wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm
I beg to differ. It goes best with a 2003 Pixzilla. :big grin:
A Sol with a Cosugi Works Spool works pretty good too.
My Sol is loaded with the MB Zonda Finesse spool. That spool is so fast...

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:29 pm

The Cosugi Works Spool is very user friendly hand has a little more line capacity.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: A classic rod and a new reel

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:30 pm

I can't believe how much time has flown by since I first saw, and fell in love with that rod. Congrats!

Now to search for my Racing Viola Monoblock. :lol:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Post Reply