Funny Stories...

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Funny Stories...

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 am

I rarely fish a Senko anymore but wanted to check out this custom color offered by Monster Tackle/Outdoor Pro Shop, so I tied on a Gamakatsu G-Finesse Worm Light Hook, rigged this 6" version without a weight and just cast it out. As the Senko is sinking, I go into a monologue with Zander describing my overkill Enthusiast setup... an F5-75X Destroyer Javelin paired with a Shimano Metanium B MGL spooled with PowerPro Hollow Ace hollow braid top shotted with Sunline Crank FC all to fish a Senko, but before I could finish describing the fishing line, I feel a "tick," reel down, set and this guy comes up for a photo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, in case anyone is interested, that color is called Monster Shad.. what's showing in the photo is the top, but it fades to a kind of translucent white on the bottom... it's a really cool color!
DSC09877.jpg
DSC09877.jpg (75.05 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Funny Stories...

Post by mark poulson » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:42 am

Man, don't you hate it when a fish interrupts a good story! :lol:

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Your story reminded me that I bought bag of those Monster senkos myself and need to throw them :)

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:09 pm
Your story reminded me that I bought bag of those Monster senkos myself and need to throw them :)
Such a cool color!
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"