My reels

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
robass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: My reels

Post by robass » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:06 pm

hey skunked ,glad you got my pm on the viento diagram.you should be pleasantly suprised on the casting ability of the viento as I was the first time I used it . Looking at getting the sol next it looks like a good reel. By the way what do you think of the quantum ,im also keen to get one of those.

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:14 pm

Thanks again for the diagram. I will test the viento within the next 2 days. I will have some 10lb trilene xl on it. Hopefully I at least catch something, anything!

Boonethelunkerlander
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Boonethelunkerlander » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:53 pm

nice reels, i never noticed that about the fuego.....hummm that is interesting......i love all the reels except the quantum....but i am bias , DAIWA FOR ME :lol: , jk i had a quantum and it was awesome
Boone Barton
G Loomis Rods
Shimano Reels

skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skunked » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:40 pm

More reels!
I just received my new Chronarch 51Mg yesterday and took it to the lake today. This reel is awesome! Spooled it up with 8lb. Fluoroclear and mounted on my ML 6'6" compre rod. Casts wonderfully, retrieves smoothly, and is LTA! Kistler owners will understand that one. I think it has just become my favorite reel! I have not tried my fuego yet, so the rankings may change.

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:28 pm

Dude the main gear in the 100D IS NOT PLASTIC ITS ALLOY. Who said these are plastic? And how could you even beleive That. Yes the idler gear is plastic but not the main gear. And there is a very good reason why they are plastic.

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:22 am

Hey illini, is the Drive Gear of the Curado 100D similiar to that of the Alphas F in appearance/feel. The Drive Gear Alphas F does not feel like a typical metal alloy (like the Drive Gear of the Alphas Ito Ai for instance), nor does it make a metal noise with a slight surface tap. Just curious if that's why some believe the gear of the Curado is plastic? :D

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:37 pm

just4kix wrote:Hey illini, is the Drive Gear of the Curado 100D similiar to that of the Alphas F in appearance/feel. The Drive Gear Alphas F does not feel like a typical metal alloy (like the Drive Gear of the Alphas Ito Ai for instance), nor does it make a metal noise with a slight surface tap. Just curious if that's why some believe the gear of the Curado is plastic? :D
You can tap on the 100D gear and know its metal. I dont know about the AlphasF, But using anything but some type of metal would be suicide. The gear in the F could be Mg you never know, That may be why the reel is freshwater only. It just kinda ticks me off cause none of this is true, just someone badmouthing one brand or the other.

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:55 am

Understood, thanks for the info.! I wonder if the some of the Curado owners ever checked out the Gear closer to determine its composition. Thinking about trying a lefty Curado myself! :D

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:47 pm

just4kix wrote:Understood, thanks for the info.! I wonder if the some of the Curado owners ever checked out the Gear closer to determine its composition. Thinking about trying a lefty Curado myself! :D
They'er decent reels but once you use a reel that has an oversized gear it really hard to go back. Reelsmart on ebay has them for about 166.00 shipped.