Will this handel fit?.....

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
mopar tim
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Will this handel fit?.....

Post by mopar tim » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Quick question for those in the know. Will a Diawa Steez hs100 handle and star fit my Fuego reel?. Thank you for any help in advance,

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Will this handel fit?.....

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:55 pm

mopar tim wrote:Quick question for those in the know. Will a Diawa Steez hs100 handle and star fit my Fuego reel?. Thank you for any help in advance,
I haven't tried that specific combination, but they should fit no problem.

DaveJ

mopar tim
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by mopar tim » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks for the response Dave. I have not tried it yet but I probably should have also mentioned that it is the older red Fuego and also an older Steez.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:26 am

mopar tim wrote:Thanks for the response Dave. I have not tried it yet but I probably should have also mentioned that it is the older red Fuego and also an older Steez.
It shouldn't matter. Any Steez star/handle parts (except maybe the newest TW model) should fit on the old Fuego I think except the handle nut. You would have to use drilled handle post for the Steez style screw in nut. A standard Daiwa nut should work though.

DaveJ