Not what I wanted to see

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Sledgehammer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Not what I wanted to see

Post by Sledgehammer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:04 pm

I was about to order some cork knobs for my new zillion and decided I better check to make sure the knobs were screwed on .... there not :x

Does anyone know where I could get just the handle that the knobs screw on? Past that it looks like it is going to be a great reel, perfect for red fishing in the marsh ;)
Attachments
zillion.jpg
zillion.jpg (84.16 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Re: Not what I wanted to see

Post by ChuckE » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:24 pm

sledgehammer,
The US version of the Zillion has handle knobs that cannot be upgraded, like the JDM version of the Zillion.

You can get a new swept handle that has bearings under the knob from Bass Pro, Tacklewarehouse, Japan Tackle, etc. Once Daiwa USA gets Steez parts available, you can get a Steez swept handle--it has 4 bearings under the knobs.

Cjicl

Sledgehammer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sledgehammer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Thanks for all the info ChuckE. Is there anyway to order the stock handle from japan for the zillion. I saw the upgrade hadle but I dont like the knobs that come on it and I hate to spend that much money when I only want part of it. I guess I should have done my research and just got the JDM version :x

matrix
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by matrix » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:48 pm

ChuckE wrote:sledgehammer,
The US version of the Zillion has handle knobs that cannot be upgraded, like the JDM version of the Zillion.
I think Chuck means both JDM and US versions of the Zillion have non upgradeable grips?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:53 pm

The JDM version of the Zillion has knobs that are screwed on and can be upgraded. That's what Chuck meant if you read it again ;)

Be careful of that aftermarket I'ZE handle though - it is shorter than that of the 7:1 Zillion ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"