Help with Chronarch 50Mg

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
JPChavez23
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Help with Chronarch 50Mg

Post by JPChavez23 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:57 pm

I completly broke down my reel a few week ago and haven't use it since the other day while making a few casts I notice the Line Guide (Part# 3168) wasn't moving when I was turning the handle. When I got home and took the reel apart to see what was wrong I and the whole assembly (see 1st picture) slide toward the left side plate. Image
So I postion it Level Wind Guard (Part# 2161) in the slots in pieces (Part#2162) and (part#2402) and put it back together. After reassembling the reel and turning the handle a few more times the assembly in picture 1 would slide to left side plate. After inspecting the reel in can't find out what holds these pieces in place. Everytime I reassmble these pieces they silde. When assembled if I barely move the level wind guard the assmble will slide.

After looking at the schematics I dont think I'm missing any parts. Does anybody know what I'm doing incorrectly?

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Help with Chronarch 50Mg

Post by zenbassr » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 pm

check to see how the worm shaft (#3160) was inserted into idle gear C (#2154, white nylon gear visible in the last pic)...the worm shaft is inserted thru the slot but needs to be rotated so the tabs on the end of the shaft, sit inside the recess thats perpendicular to the slot. that's what holds the shaft in.

kinda confusing when i re-read it, but once you look at it you'll see what i mean.

AND/OR, you may have forgotten to re-attach the E-clip (#1672)... though i dont think this will cause the symptoms you've described.[font=Arial][/font]