Ardent Reel Butter, test information posted (sorta).

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
conniek
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Ardent Reel Butter, test information posted (sorta).

Post by conniek » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 pm

one of you mentioned super lube. that is what we use in our shop. It has a good high temp rating and low temp. Southwestern Parts in dallas has been an abu warranty center for 30plus years and that is what they use.
we use the yellow rocket oil on bearings. I believe for corrosion protection, Reel X is probably the best on the market. Hot sauce may be alright by some, but we've seen reels dripping and stained from over use of the product. as with any other products, i believe proper usuage is important and the key to its success. The reel butter, i don't know. I' m waiting on mark g or sandman to do some tests. Mark G is probably the best at what he does and has helped all of us anglers. If the reel butter is low viscosity, and used on bearings, then it will have to be applied more often like the tournament rocket oil. IT is very thin and has to be reapplied more frequently and develped for casting contests. I 'm sure when mark g completes his tests we'll know. He said on BFHP that he is going to do some evalutations. conniek