Reel lube, what brand and why?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
surviveoutdoor
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Reel lube, what brand and why?

Post by surviveoutdoor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:21 am

Research of course isn't for a specific sport, metals, plastics, etc. are no very different from one piece of gear to another. Back in about 1990 when I owned a company called ReelSchematic I was the first to introduce tungsten products to the sport fishing industry and it took off like a rocket. Unfortunately when that happens it also garners the attention of a lot of the wrong people, and myself being naive and not expecting things to take off so explosively, I feel into a partnership with the wrong person. Things were going great for the product, people loved it. Then as I gave over more and more control of how things were done so that I could focus more on getting out in the field and working on other projects, I started to notice sales dropping and heard from people off and on that an order hadn't been filled, again I assumed it must just be an honest mistake and that some could be attributed to the old adage that not everyone could be pleased 100% of the time. But it continued and it got worse. Long story short it ended up that the partner had decided without my knowledge to switch to a lesser quality tungsten than I started with to maximize more profits, then he turned to hiding/deleting orders to skim money off, I found this out by CC reversals but no record of that person anywhere in an order. So it came down to I sued, partnership and company was dissolved and of course even though I won in court the name had been tarnished and there was no money to get back from him. Hard lesson 101. I spent the next several months searching boards/sites for anyone that might have mentioned they did not get an order and personally sending them what they had paid for (with my original formula) but it was hit or miss because I had no records of the sale and sometimes only a name of the person had a CC reversal, and sadly many did not do that. After that I took a few years away from disgust and mistrust of just about anything, even though I loved the product and what it was doing. About a year ago I decided it was time to get back on the horse, much wiser and much more prepared. I went back to the drawing board taking my original formula and making it even better, and over the year everywhere it's been sold it has been great. That's the history

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:34 am

surviveoutdoor wrote:Research of course isn't for a specific sport, metals, plastics, etc. are no very different from one piece of gear to another. Back in about 1990 when I owned a company called ReelSchematic I was the first to introduce tungsten products to the sport fishing industry and it took off like a rocket. Unfortunately when that happens it also garners the attention of a lot of the wrong people, and myself being naive and not expecting things to take off so explosively, I feel into a partnership with the wrong person. Things were going great for the product, people loved it. Then as I gave over more and more control of how things were done so that I could focus more on getting out in the field and working on other projects, I started to notice sales dropping and heard from people off and on that an order hadn't been filled, again I assumed it must just be an honest mistake and that some could be attributed to the old adage that not everyone could be pleased 100% of the time. But it continued and it got worse. Long story short it ended up that the partner had decided without my knowledge to switch to a lesser quality tungsten than I started with to maximize more profits, then he turned to hiding/deleting orders to skim money off, I found this out by CC reversals but no record of that person anywhere in an order. So it came down to I sued, partnership and company was dissolved and of course even though I won in court the name had been tarnished and there was no money to get back from him. Hard lesson 101. I spent the next several months searching boards/sites for anyone that might have mentioned they did not get an order and personally sending them what they had paid for (with my original formula) but it was hit or miss because I had no records of the sale and sometimes only a name of the person had a CC reversal, and sadly many did not do that. After that I took a few years away from disgust and mistrust of just about anything, even though I loved the product and what it was doing. About a year ago I decided it was time to get back on the horse, much wiser and much more prepared. I went back to the drawing board taking my original formula and making it even better, and over the year everywhere it's been sold it has been great. That's the history
Wow, that is some craziness!

surviveoutdoor
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by surviveoutdoor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:46 am

Yeah really was a bad experience because I poured many years into making it what it was, thousands of hours and yep the old blood, sweat and tears. Didn't help a lot either that I started finding other sites popping up with fake duplicates of my stuff. One one very prominent fishing legend down in Australia, won't mention names, was selling it under a different name but pictures of my products. But past is past and best thing to do is move forward. The new formulas are better than ever, I contacted some past international tackle places I did business with before and old contacts, and over the past year it has been climbing once again. But trust me I learned a valuable lesson and this time quality, orders, and customer satisfaction does not leave my sight! I personally quality check every single order.

surviveoutdoor
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by surviveoutdoor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 am

surviveoutdoor wrote:In fact I'm willing to go a step farther, the first three people to PM me with a shipping address we will send you a free 2oz. of our Tungsten Grease for you to use, no cost, no obligations at all. We want people to use it, we want you to see for yourself exactly what it can do for your equipment.

:D Cheers
Thanks, products were shipped to the ones that PM'd me. You should have a PM in your box with the tracking number right now.