Sol spool spacers

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sol spool spacers

Post by craigrbns » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 am

Any chance there are any spacers left out there for putting a Pixy spool into a Sol? I missed out on the run on those available 1-2 years ago. Do any of you guys who routinely do upgrades for people have any available? Im dying to get a Pixy spool into in my Sol. Wouldnt mind completely upgrading my Sol, but really want to make getting the spool swapped a priority before I start the project. Thanks!!! - Craig

poker_lamina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sol spool spacers

Post by poker_lamina » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:48 am

I think Mundo was the creator of the pixy spool spacer that some of the members have if I'm correct. :-k Just shoot him a message to see if he has any left or just to c if he is planning to make more. I would like to know too. :idea:

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm

i would like to know as well ;) i think we should try to find a pixy spool first before we attempt to find spacers, no? :lol: they are so hard to come by... ](*,)

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm

overdose wrote:i would like to know as well ;) i think we should try to find a pixy spool first before we attempt to find spacers, no? :lol: they are so hard to come by... ](*,)
ichiban has one for sale right now

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:16 pm

TeamDaiwaRick wrote:
overdose wrote:i would like to know as well ;) i think we should try to find a pixy spool first before we attempt to find spacers, no? :lol: they are so hard to come by... ](*,)
ichiban has one for sale right now
Now you've done it! :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin
Angler
Angler

Post by Calico Killer Kevin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I do have an origina pair that was sent to me by Mundo. Love it to near death. Fits perfectly in my Sol and allows me to run the Pixy spool perfectly. I would never sell my pair, but if one was looking to duplicate it, I would gladly send my shims in.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Add me to the list please ;)
Happiness is a sore thumb

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 am

Seems my best bet would be to beg my local machine shop to help me create some spacers - esp if someone like Kevin would be willing to offer up a set for a template. The effort would be more than worth it to get a Pixy spool dropped into my Sol. A big part of my fishing is in saltwater, or Id just buy a Pixy and solve my problem. However, I know that saltwater is a no-no for a Pixy. My Sol on the other hand handles the salt fine. Ill see what I can find out this week from some local shops. Sounds like more than one other person would be interested as well....

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:26 am

Ok, Ok... You guys are twisting my arm :lol:

Let my give you a quick update on the spacers: Another batch was made many months ago but I never sent it, I wanted to have them anodized to solve some corrosion issues, a few were damaged by the anodizing shops but I was able to find somebody that could do it right. I had two sets finished and I tested one, a few days ago another member sent me a PM asking about the spacers, funy thing is that I had purchased a Pixy spool about a year ago from him, so I sent one of the two sets to him. He got the spacers a few days ago and that was a sigtn of relief because I was also testing a new packaging method to avoid shipping damage (mailman tend to roll them as if they were letters ](*,) ).

Dug offered a while ago to do the distribution again (Big thank you! =D> ) And I think I will be in a position to have them ready to be shipped in about two weeks, so lets make the list to see how many are needed.

I know that that a Japan company is making them now, so I guess they are still copy cats :lol: . Anyway I am sure I can beat their price, I can either offer them free of charge or in exchange of a Pixy spool :big grin: (Just Kidding)

This is just to celebrate that the forum is back up an running!

Mundo

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am

Craig,

I just noticed that you want to use them in salt water, I think it would be better to make yours is Stainless Steel, lets see if some others have the same need to make sure I make enough in SS, but I will need to test first to be sure there are no fitting issues.

Mundo

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:54 am

Mundo,

Thanks for the response, and the willingness to have some more spacers made up. Id be happy to help with distribution if you need it. Stainless would be great, but Id be happy to get them in any form that I could! Beggars cant be choosers!!!!

jmytuna
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jmytuna » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

Have an alphas and sol that are beging for a pixy spool so add me to the list for spacers.
Is the GIGAS spool saltwater safe?

EFed
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by EFed » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 am

What is the cost of these spacers ? Thankyou very much !

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 pm

EFed wrote:What is the cost of these spacers ? Thankyou very much !

Before one mederator shuts down this post (it happened the last time) I will clarify that the spacers are free of charge.

Mundo

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RGMatt » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks again Mundo

Matt

BTW when I emailed plat about the rings ZPI makes/made, they said they are out of production already.