Rehabbing an old Ambassadeur

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Painter1
Angler
Angler

Rehabbing an old Ambassadeur

Post by Painter1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I have a 25 or 30 year old Ambassadeur 6000 baitcaster that was given to me by a friend a long time ago. It has some sentimental value and I would like to upgrade it with the best parts I can find. Where can I find what I would need?

wmiket
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Rehabbing an old Ambassadeur

Post by wmiket » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Try the Abu Garcia service department. They have the schematics and the parts that are still available for the older Ambassadeurs.

backcast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rehabbing an old Ambassadeur

Post by backcast » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 am

www.hookless.com

Great person and really good with Ambassadeur reels. Sells a lot of parts also.

My dad gave me my first good baitcaster, an Abu 5500c in the early / mid 70's. He has been gone for 25 years, and even though the reel was fished hard I still have it (always will) and it has great sentimental value.

I became aware of the contact above, sent him the reel a month ago. It is now better than it ever was, and ready to fish hard. Since i now prefer LP reels, this one will probably only be used for salt water trips, but it will be back in action. I know that is what my dad would have wanted and done with the reel.

Check this out - I believe you will be happy.