Rem Oil- How often are you reapplying?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Rem Oil- How often are you reapplying?

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Anybody using Rem oil? I wanted to use it on my Browning Citori Reel (not shotgun) by BPS. It is extremely fast and I was wondering how often are you reapplying?

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Rem Oil- How often are you reapplying?

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 am

First clean out the bearings first with carb cleaner or brake clean, then soak them in ACETONE and let dry before reoiling wth Rem oil, Rem oil will only last maybe a week of hard fishing, that is the down side U will have to reoil alot more. ONLY ONE drop of Rem oil per bearing.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Rem Oil is crazy fast. If you are looking to get every bit of performance out of your reel, then I think you'll be quite pleased ;) The downsides are re-oiling often (back when I used it for surfcasting, I was lucky to get two days of fishing w/o re-applying rem oil) and it can be quite messy. The way the bottle is designed (often leaks and the hole is a little big and fat for such a thin oil) can make it tricky to apply the amount of 1 drop, which is actually a bit too much, and you'll soon find that it will 'zing' off the bearings leaving a good amount of residue within the reel frame.
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:11 am

I like Friction Zero it comes in a can and U spray it in the bearings, Friction Zero lube is as light / fast as Rem Oil.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz