Pro Qualifier Bearings

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Pro Qualifier Bearings

Post by LordRiper » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 am

Anyone know the size of the spool bearings for a BPS Pro Qualifier (PQX10SSLD 4.9:1 )????

Thanks in advance
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pro Qualifier Bearings

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 am

Same size as the bearings for a revo series reel....can't think of the mm sizes off the top of my head...boca should have them listed on their site.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:17 am

3x10x4,5x11x4?
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:21 pm

tks...

in the Boca Page appears only the CarbonLite in 3x10x4 and the Extreme and Jhony Morris 3x10x4,5x11x4

:(
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:51 am

On the P/Q, the Carblite, Patriarchs I would replace all 3 bearings, On the left side plate there is a 3x10x4, on the left side of the spool there is a 5x11x4, and on the right side plate there is a small bearing that bearing touches the spool only under load and it is a 3x8x4. On P/Q reels that I tune I pull the shields off the stock bearings and U-Sonic clean them in ACETONE and lube with TSI 301. Ceramics will only be better if U are only pitching 1/4 oz baits. With the TSI 301 lube, the bearings stay lube for a good month before U have to relube, as with Ceramics if U use Rem oil, Friction Zero, Met oil, U will have relube every 2-3 days. Plus the stock S.S. bearings make not noise like the ceramics do.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 am

Tks a lot Richard....

So if I need to replace the 3 bearings i think its too expensive for a $99 reel. I use it only for deep divers and maybe the performance gain didn't worth the $50 inversion... i will try only flushing the bearings and a internal polish
-- Salim Giacoman --

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:00 pm

If U are only using it for deep divers then flush the stock bearings relube with a light oil and polish the inside of the pinion gear and the spool shaft and U are good to go.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 am

tks a lot Richard...

i will do that and post coments in 2 or 3 weeks (right now the reel is in paint process)
-- Salim Giacoman --