Question on Daiwa Reel Parts

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question on Daiwa Reel Parts

Post by beezy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey guys,

Planning on upgrading some parts on my daiwa pixy reel. Was wondering about where I can source the clutch cam spring for this reel as a precaution in the unfortunate event that the piece goes flying. Can I use parts from the daiwa pixy type-R like the clutch cam spring (A) and clutch cam spring (B)?

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Question on Daiwa Reel Parts

Post by bstuckey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm

http://tackletrap.com/ Contact Gary or Brian and they will either have what you need or will be able to source whatever you may need.

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 pm

beezy wrote:Hey guys,

Planning on upgrading some parts on my daiwa pixy reel. Was wondering about where I can source the clutch cam spring for this reel as a precaution in the unfortunate event that the piece goes flying. Can I use parts from the daiwa pixy type-R like the clutch cam spring (A) and clutch cam spring (B)?
To my knowledge all the internals are the same between them with the exceptions of the gears, worm drive, drive shaft and drag stack. And everything from the R can go into a older Pixy except for the drag stack. You should be good to go with the PX-R springs. If you're interested in backup parts, pick up a few of the bearing retainers (palming sideplate and pinion bearing in handle sideplate). They're less than a buck each and really like to jump. The E-clip on the end of the worm drive and on the one post by the clutch assembly would be good backups to have as well.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 pm

bstuckey wrote:http://tackletrap.com/ Contact Gary or Brian and they will either have what you need or will be able to source whatever you may need.
Just contacted him. Thanks. But am open to suggestions from other users if the parts are interchangeable between the pixy type-r and the regular pixy.