PE Zillion

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

PE Zillion

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 am

How do you modify the American zillion level wind to move fast like that of the JDM PE zillion?
Also, is the drag star on the American version considered to be a sway back design? I want to get a handle that I saw on japantackle.com and I am not certain and need confirmation please.

Lastly how long is the American handle in mm?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: PE Zillion

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:29 pm

goldrod wrote:How do you modify the American zillion level wind to move fast like that of the JDM PE zillion?
Also, is the drag star on the American version considered to be a sway back design? I want to get a handle that I saw on japantackle.com and I am not certain and need confirmation please.

Lastly how long is the American handle in mm?
USDM Zillion handle is a swept handle that is 90mm-but it has riveted, non-bearing supported knobs(except for the Type R and 50th anniversary edition). The drag star is a swept design on all the USDM Zillions. The Zillion Type R has the high-speed levelwind like the PE and it will work on any Zillion variation. Not certain if you will need the plastic sprocket from the Type R that drives the levelwind or not. I would err on the side of caution and purchase it as well. Just a few dollars. I am assuming you want to speed up the levelwind in order to prevent braid from digging in to the spool. :-k

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:48 pm

yes you are correct.

i will look for those parts best i can

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

goldrod wrote:yes you are correct.

i will look for those parts best i can
They can be purchased from Daiwa USA, but I think you're outside the US, right? If u know someone here who has Paypal, u can ask them to make the purchase. Then u can pay that person to ship them to u. 8-)