Roller Clutch - antireverse bearing maintenance

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
billhaeg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Roller Clutch - antireverse bearing maintenance

Post by billhaeg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:03 pm

All, looking for some guidance on cleaning and re-lubing the roller clutch bearings in Daiwa PX-R reels. Any help would be appreciated. I have an ultrasonic cleaner and am debating putting the roller clutch assembly in the cleaner, is this wise? If I do this can I leave in the side plate or should I remove? what is the best way to remove the roller clutch bearing?" Thanks in advance for the help.

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Roller Clutch - antireverse bearing maintenance

Post by thelatrobe33 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:41 pm

I leave it in the sideplate and run it through the ultrasonic for 10-15 minutes with a rather diluted Simple Green solution. I've never had any trouble. Then add a drop or 2 of oil to it after it has some time to dry.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

I just use this its like a high pressure washer. Add simple green Aim the tip right to the bearings and then spray away Image

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:23 am

Mang wrote:I just use this its like a high pressure washer. Add simple green Aim the tip right to the bearings and then spray away Image
Great little tool. Buy a second one and it's a nice little grease injector for bearings.

billhaeg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by billhaeg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Thank you for the help.
Bill

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Soak in solvent- I never use water based cleaners. Remove all grease if any. Blow out gently with compressed air. Spray with corrosion X. Wipe off excess and install. I've never had an AR bearing fail.