Metanium XT

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Ub2m4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Metanium XT

Post by Ub2m4 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:43 am

How do I access the shaft bearing under the tensioning knob? Where to find the schematic?

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Metanium XT

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:09 am

Accessing that bearing should be as easy as unscrewing the spool tension knob and removing the small clip holding it in place (do it in a large ziploc so the clip doesnt go flying). The Met XT is the JDM version of the Chronarch B, so the Chronarch B schematic will be identical to the Met's:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/produc ... 9372101907

Ub2m4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ub2m4 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Faceless, thanks for the reply. My problem is this Metanium, when the tensioning knob is removed, has another washer with a slight ridge on it that fits into a slot in the tensioning knob. It does not seem to move easily and I am reluctant to apply too much pressure. I can see the holding clip and bearing under this. This model also has a small latch to the left of the clutch bar (left hand model) that you flip to acess the side plate. None of the schematics I look at have this.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:46 am

Hmm... :-k that's quite curious...might you be able to take a picture of these parts and post it so I can get a better idea what we're dealing with?