Question about pixy spool compatibility

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question about pixy spool compatibility

Post by beezy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:05 am

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a pixy type-r spool in hopes of putting it into my liberto pixy reel. My question is, can this be done? Thanks in advance.

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Question about pixy spool compatibility

Post by smalliesteve » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 am

yup it'll drop right in.

I've got an Airy Red, Silver Mica, Presso, and Type R and they're all interchangeable.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:33 am

smalliesteve wrote:yup it'll drop right in.

I've got an Airy Red, Silver Mica, Presso, and Type R and they're all interchangeable.
Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

bassmaster_flex
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassmaster_flex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Does this spool perform better than the stock spool? And is it a deeper spool than stock? It'd be nice to have a little more line capacity in my Pixy sometimes.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:32 am

bassmaster_flex wrote:Does this spool perform better than the stock spool? And is it a deeper spool than stock? It'd be nice to have a little more line capacity in my Pixy sometimes.
I believe both spools hold the same line capacity. On daiwa's website, they list the pixy type r spool as able to hold 75 yards of 8 lb test. However, i believe it will hold 110 yards of 8lb test. The only reason I wanted this spool to use in my liberto pixy is because I don't like the angular stock pixy spool. I prefer a clean, flat spool for my reels. As far as performance, it might be the same, but I haven't tested this spool yet since I'm waiting for my hedgehog air bearings to get here first.