ZPI MG spool upgrade (daiwa)

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: ZPI MG spool upgrade (daiwa)

Post by Teal101 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:40 am

goldrod wrote:
Teal101 wrote:That is the ZPI Blue Emblem spool. Limited amount were produced. It is light and shallow, factory equipped with a ZPI SiC bearing. It is extremely controlled without sacraficing much distance. It is my favorite spool to pitch and punch with, extreme control. Amazing for skipping and you barely have to thumb it if at all crashing baits through cover. They will run you $250-300 though nowadays.
Thanks Sir,

I know it's an old thread but I'm still learning. Compared to the honeycomb spools they are about equal in price. I'm saving and searching, hopefully the two will meet on mutual terms.
A honeycomb shouldnt run you more than $150. The Blue Emblem is a better all around spool while the honeycomb excels at the lighter baits. I punch with my blue emblems, i wouldn't with a honeycomb :lol:

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:28 am

Just need to get my GP-T and find a CT-V and 002 RR CV Custom and the 002 collection is complete.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:18 am

Teal101 wrote:Just need to get my GP-T and find a CT-V and 002 RR CV Custom and the 002 collection is complete.

AMAZING!!!! =D>

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:36 am

That is juuust disgusting... :-s

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Reading through this thread brings back memories..
That red PO TDZ and BE spool is simply beautiful

I posted this question before but now looking at this thread im more and more curious

The spool i have found is a ZPI RC 002s GP-R
unlike the RC002 i see on here it has an inductor much like the Blue Emblem and says "ZPI SIC BB' on the lip
is this spool any different from the RC-002 that often comes up here?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 am

That is one from their last run of original spools, the writing on the side is the giveaway. The gold inductor means it comes with SiC bearings rather than regular stainless bearings. Spools with a silver inductor don't come with SiC bearings.