Tackle Trap Alphas/SOL/Zonda clicking star drag conversion

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
yplee33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tackle Trap Alphas/SOL/Zonda clicking star drag conversion

Post by yplee33 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:20 am

Hi all, i wish to upgrade Daiwa Alphas to clicking star drag. Other than tackle Trap, any recommendation? Becasue Tackle trap unable to ship to my region. Thanks.

Baik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tackle Trap Alphas/SOL/Zonda clicking star drag conversi

Post by Baik » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:46 am

I would contact Jun at Japan tackle and if you have the part #'s even better. He's a great guy to deal with and has gotten me parts in the past I couldn't acquire anywhere else.

Matt

yplee33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by yplee33 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi, the drive shaft part number should be (H68-9302) for lefty, but from the Tackle Trap information, the drive shaft need to machined to fit into Alphas/SOL/Zonda. Not sure what they was mod, unless some one forumer share the info.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:58 am

The Tackle Trap does ship to Malaysia. The website isn't set up to automatically accept orders outside the US as shipping costs vary widely.

eSReels
Angler
Angler

Post by eSReels » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 pm

I have upgraded my Alphas and Pixies with parts bought from Tackle Trap. I live in Australia and they ship overseas. Ask them. They are very friendly. Shipping is not cheap though - they use Priority Mail International instead of cheaper but slower First Class.

The drive shaft for clicker is whisker longer. Sometimes it's pain in the proverbial to undo the screws that holds the shaft. Trick is heat it up with soldier. Other than that it's very simple to change.
Goodluck

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:14 am

eSReels wrote:I have upgraded my Alphas and Pixies with parts bought from Tackle Trap. I live in Australia and they ship overseas. Ask them. They are very friendly. Shipping is not cheap though - they use Priority Mail International instead of cheaper but slower First Class.
Thanks! We're working on setting up a convenient first class international service to reduce the cost of shipping parts overseas. The massive price increase USPS instituted this year makes it a lot more expensive and Tackle Trap charges actual cost, no mark ups. The trouble with first class is that it takes significantly longer and has resulted in more "lost" packages which presents some problems. :-k

yplee33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by yplee33 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:28 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap does ship to Malaysia. The website isn't set up to automatically accept orders outside the US as shipping costs vary widely.
Yes, lastly i receive a email from TTT. I will drop my order via email once finish shopping. Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:50 am

eSReels wrote:I have upgraded my Alphas and Pixies with parts bought from Tackle Trap. I live in Australia and they ship overseas. Ask them. They are very friendly. Shipping is not cheap though - they use Priority Mail International instead of cheaper but slower First Class.
yplee33 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap does ship to Malaysia. The website isn't set up to automatically accept orders outside the US as shipping costs vary widely.
Yes, lastly i receive a email from TTT. I will drop my order via email once finish shopping. Thanks
The Tackle Trap is now all set up to ship parts and other small items internationally via USPS First Class mail. Obviously, some restrictions apply, but feel free to shoot me a PM or email thetackletrap@gmail.com for more info, thanks guys!