Painting Reels

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
FrankN209
Angler
Angler

Painting Reels

Post by FrankN209 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 am

Is there anyone who paints reels? I'd like to get my Steez repainted, same color, probably with a clearcoat on it. I heard ebassfisher used to or still paints reels.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Painting Reels

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

Ebassfisher never painted reels that I am aware of. Calfish and Pizz customs used to paint. Decade Works in Japan would be one option as would member "rarebreed" also paints and he is in the US. There may be a fella in Canada that paints as well... I believe his name is Neal.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am

The Tackle Trap has an arrangement with a phenomenal US based painter here in the US, he haunts this forum from time to time too. I've seen a lot of custom paint work on reels, some good, some bad, and this is top of the line work. Tackle Trap reel tech Bryan Lambert, pikeroadbassn here on TT will break down, degrease and clean your reel prior to sending it off to be painted. Once it returns, it will be re-lubed and reassembled and returned to you. An example of this work is on a Zillion Type R custom here:

Zillion Type R Custom

Call the shop M-F 7am to 5pm central time for more details or feel free to send Bryan or myself a message. 256 281 6160
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

FrankN209
Angler
Angler

Post by FrankN209 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap has an arrangement with a phenomenal US based painter here in the US, he haunts this forum from time to time too. I've seen a lot of custom paint work on reels, some good, some bad, and this is top of the line work. Tackle Trap reel tech Bryan Lambert, pikeroadbassn here on TT will break down, degrease and clean your reel prior to sending it off to be painted. Once it returns, it will be re-lubed and reassembled and returned to you. An example of this work is on a Zillion Type R custom here:

Zillion Type R Custom

Call the shop M-F 7am to 5pm central time for more details or feel free to send Bryan or myself a message. 256 281 6160
Thanks for this. I'll send a message. :D :D

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Rarebreed. I'm sending one to him soon. Reel will go to the Tackletrap to be broke down, cleaned and tuned, then pikeroadbassin will send it to him for paint. If you Google search Rarebreed reel painting some of his work will show up under images.