103hl handle play

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Kravetz
Angler
Angler

103hl handle play

Post by Kravetz » Sun May 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I've had my steezes since they first came out and just got another this year. I clean and lube them once a year but this time I have an inordinate amount of handle play on one of them. By this I mean If you grab the middle of the handle and pull it the handle and drag star moves in and out like the drive shaft is loose. They all have a little play but the one moves almost like a 16th of an inch. All the parts are there and I just took all 3 apart again to check them but can't figure it out.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 103hl handle play

Post by PaBass75 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 am

I've seen that happen if the shim at the base of the driveshaft is worn or lost.. Happens with fuegos & tdzs once the small felt spacer under the shaft is worn aswell.. Don't recall whether the steez has a shim or felt pad under the shafts but that's where I'd start troubleshooting.

Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Post by Kravetz » Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 am

Schematics say there's a washer and c clip retainer under the bearing at the bottom of the drive shaft under the retainer with the little nightmare screw.

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Wed May 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Kravetz wrote:I've had my steezes since they first came out and just got another this year. I clean and lube them once a year but this time I have an inordinate amount of handle play on one of them. By this I mean If you grab the middle of the handle and pull it the handle and drag star moves in and out like the drive shaft is loose. They all have a little play but the one moves almost like a 16th of an inch. All the parts are there and I just took all 3 apart again to check them but can't figure it out.
there are a few things that can cause this...off the top of my head, i would suspect a bent drive shaft retainer or missing washer at the base of the drive shaft.

Kravetz
Angler
Angler

Post by Kravetz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:24 am

The washer was missing and after replaced it's better but still not as tight as I'd like.