Mibro Handle Knobs

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Mibro Handle Knobs

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the reel forum, but anybody ever tried these knobs? Was installation as easy as normal Daiwa I type knobs? I really like the look of these but I'm confused how they fit both Daiwa and Shimano handles? I'd thought Daiwa/Shimano knobs were not interchangeable...

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/3916

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Mibro Handle Knobs

Post by TommyG » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:44 pm

I know the knobs from my Bantam Mgl fit on my Daiwa handle.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 am

Daiwa and Shimano knob shafts differ by a very small amount that allows the knobs to be used between both types. The handle shafts are different enough that handles are not compatible between the two but the handle knobs are. The Abu knobs shafts are much larger than Daiwa or Shimano and are not comparable with either but the handles themselves are compatible with Daiwa. Confused yet?

On a side note if you ever wanted to fit Abu knobs to a Shimano handle you would need to drill out the old rivited on knob shafts and replace them with the screw mount Ray's Abu knob shafts. You could also purchase a Ray's carbon handle for Shimano and install the Abu knob shafts as that handle already uses the Ray's screw mount knob shafts. There are some good looking Rays cork Abu only knobs for those into unsealed round cork knobs.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I'll pick some up and see how it goes!